Forums are back in action! ×

Edinburgh Adventurers (and everybody else)

Awesome

I noticed a few folk in the Brits thread were from Edinburgh and I wanted to share something.

The general (for everyone) bit.

There's a cool website called Meet Up, if you haven't heard of it. Basically it helps you meet people in you're area. Why would you want to do that? Well, maybe you've just moved somewhere new. But even if you haven't, it's set out in groups and helps you meet people with similar interests. For instance, none of my friends are into tabletop role playing, but I used meet up to find a local group and now I game once a fortnight.

Whatever you're interest (hill walking, dancing, paganism) there could well be something in you're area.

The Edinburgh bit.

I recently joined a cool meet up. I haven't been to any meets yet, but it seems really interesting. Its called the The Scottish Intrepid Adventurers and Chillout Group. Basically, they like to have adventures - this ranges from going to see Phantom of the Opera to doing Tough Mudder together. So if you want to go canoeing or hillwalking or abseiling or to a murder mystery weekend, its worth a look.

Archived