Forums are back in action! ×

Elite Healer Minya greetings :)

Hello! I'm new here and trying to figure out the roleplaying aspects of the site. I saw the FAQ but like any other video game I have to have hands on experience and figure it out that way. XD

Anyways, I guess I'll post some short term and long term goals for myself and would love any assistance or tips from others. I guess my long term goal is to drop the remaining 80lbs. I lost 70 before this but then I had my son and gained 25 back - ARG! Now I find taking that off is a pain in the butt, even with going to the gym and lifting weights. My other long term goal is to cut out refined grains and sugars. I don't have too many issues with dairy (except ice cream). Its mostly homemade foods that I tend to overdo it on. ><

My short term goals are to increase my water intake. I have a habit of drinking boatloads of tea, any kind. Unsweetened, sweetened, arnold palmers, etc. It doesnt matter! XD Another short term goal would be to start doing more cardio, I like weight training, but my friends say cardio is what melts away fat, I don't know how much merit that has, but I assume its true?

Silly goals for me are to get around to writing my book and finish working on my halloween/comic-con costume lol!

My name Minya is actually my toon name in World of Warcraft and she is a priest/healing class. I think it's time that I focus on healing myself rather than only the people around me. ;)

Hello Minya, and welcome! That yo-yoing weight is a challenge -- at least only 25 of it went back on! You'll find lots of us around here are trying to take off a little (or a lot) weight, so you're in a pretty well-populated boat :) I'm sure you'll find lots of company and support here. We're in week 4 (almost week 5) of a 6 week challenge right now, but you're welcome to drop by people's threads and see what they're all about. I like your water goal (I have one for this 6 week challenge and I have noticed it make a big difference). And as for the cardio verses weight training, I think you're in the right place. Steve (who started NF) has a great series of articles about this very subject on his blog, but one of them is the beginner bodyweight workout which you can find here. It's at least a little reading to get you started on the topic!

And writing and costume goals here are called LIFE goals, not silly goals (which is good, because both writing and creating are epic!).

Here's to healing yourself, one step at a time! I look forward to seeing you around the forums, Minya!

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Archived