Forums are back in action! ×

Newbie right here!

Okay, so I guess there's no better way to start than with some introductions!

I am a 21 year old nursing student from Canada who used to be fit in high school. Then I started university, got married, got lazy. I have tried over the years to get back into running and start weight lifting but it just never seems to stick. This fall I got serious and signed up for a 10 km race which I run in two weeks, I'm doing a half marathon in May 2013 and I am so stinking excited to be pre-registered for a tough mudder in July 2013.

Still though, I feel that I lack the necessary motivation to stick to a routine. I love to run but for some reason I get myself up to being able to run a 5km race no issues and then instead of continuing to push it I just stop running, then start all over again a few months later. This time needs to be different!

So yea, that's where I'm turning to this community. I need motivation - I need help. I know what I want my body to look like and what I want to be capable of, I just feel so lost in how to get there.

Looking forward to making some great fitness friends!! :)

-- Alycia (Wonton)

Hey wonton,

you posted on my intro, so figured it was only right to check yours out too as a fellow newbie. You're also in the same profession, I'm a healthcare assistant (nursing assistant) atm, but i'm hoping to start a nursing course next september (missed out on funding this year), so SNAP!! (ish)

Your motivation issues sound all too familiar! Reach a goal, and lose interest right?! maybe we can keep each other motivated!

All the best!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human Adventurer Level 1 STR:2| DEX: 3| STA:2 | CON:3 | WIS:3 | CHA:2

If a man achieves victory over this body, who in the world can exercise power over him?

He who rules himself rules over the whole world. –Vinoba Bhave

Mudder the Tough up! Just Do It!

Archived