Forums are back in action! ×

My Cast Is Off!

Garth

So I broke my ankle 5 weeks ago whilst at roller derby training by failing when on skates and today my cast came off. Whilst not completely out of the woods yet, as I still have to wear an inflatable boot, I can put weight on my leg and I can walk again. Huzzah!

It's been a strange few weeks for me, and one of my worries was that I was going to put on weight while I was laid up and not moving around much.

Stepped on the scale and haven't put on any weight. So double win today. :D

Follow me on Twitter: @garth_green

Congrats!! I remember how awesome that felt ( broke my foot a few years ago). I was surprised at the lack of weight gain too -- I chalked it up to extra upper body work from the crutches and to feeling like it was just too much trouble to get up and make my way to the kitchen for any snacks. Welcome back to two-leggedness!

Congrats!!! I broke mine about 8 years ago. The first thing I did was to soak and exfoliate, it felt so good!

Lvl 1 Elven Minotaur Druid
Str: 3 |Dex: 1 |Sta: 4 |Con: 3 |Wis: 2 |Cha: 2

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty." Capt Malcolm Reynolds

"When you do something, you should burn yourself up completely, like a good bonfire, leaving no trace of yourself", Shunryu Suzuki

"Why do we fall down, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up again." Thomas Wayne

My second-ish challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29825-harness-rebooted/

Archived