Forums are back in action! ×

Hi! Super Excited Newbie

Hola to all.

I'm a massive geek who's been struggling all year with my fitness, having some wins and some losses, and only just discovered Nerd Fitness which is a shame. Wish I'd discovered it at the start of the year.

I'm 33 and have never, in my life, been fit. I'm feeling way older than my 33 year old bones should so this year has been about exercise, diet and shedding weight. I'm a research junkie so naturally I set about reading and taking in everything, which off course is massively confusing to the lay person. Thankfully Nerd Fitness seems to confirm what I've suspected while wading through the sea of crap fitness advice, diet change is the most important thing and paleo diet is the way to go and free weights are the key to changing my shape, which is currently sort of a basketball player (I'm 6'5) with man boobs and a spare tire right the way around, not a good look in other words.

I live in the north west of Western Australia in a mining town, the landscape basically looks exactly like Barsoom if you can imagine it, only the giant lizards aren't adorable pets and there's no four armed green guys. I also write for a website in my spare time www.thataussiegamesite.com.au that's mostly about video games but I'm expanding it into all the geeky things I love. Sort of a poor mans Australian IGN. But I enjoy writing and occasionally get free games so win win.

Looking forward to getting to know people on here and getting into the community spirit.

Archived