Forums are back in action! ×

Books on Mathematics?

Ghost

Next year I'm going into Advanced Mathematics and Extension Maths (above Advanced).

Only problem is I'm not the best mathematician.

But I do spend heaps of time reading, so I might as well make some good of that.

Does anybody know of some good books on fairly high level mathematics?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Oooo. That's a hard question to answer. What type of math are you interested in? Calculus? Multivariable calc? Differential equations? Topology? Linear/non linear algebra? Set Theory? Advanced mathematics is quite diverse.

That being said - I would recommend any and all books published by the Dover company. Why? Well, 1) they are inexpensive for text books (like 15-20 bucks). 2) They are well written and all of the problems come with solutions.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

I have degrees in art history and philosophy which is one way of saying that I'm not much of a mathematician either. But I own and like both Calculus: An Intuitive and Physical Approach and Mathematics for the Nonmathematician by Morris Kline. Neither is specifically algebra focused but they still might be interesting.

[TABLE=width: 700, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LVL 1

STR 1.5

DEX 3

STA 3

DRUID

CON 2.5

WIS 2

CHA 3

NIGHTSHIFTER

@Dreadful_Girl