Forums are back in action! ×

Quack Attack

Hey all!

I'm Rubducky and I stumbled upon this site and thought it was awesome! I'm a huge nerd, and honestly feel kind of isolated in the gym surrounded by those I know are non-nerds.

I mainly like lifting, but I also do some HIIT throughout the week. Currently I'm trying to lose fat while maintaining (and possibly even building, if I could) muscle mass, and let me tell you, the internet has all kinds of conflicting things to say about what I should do.

Anyway, those are my goals and I'm really excited to get to know you all better and have a fitness community that understands carbonite references and Duke Nukem quotes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rubducky [Current Challenge]

Level 1 Human Warrior

"In times of great challenge, faith in deliverance proves a more stalwart companion than a warrior's will."

STR: 4 ~ DEX: 1 ~ STA: 2 ~ CON: 3 ~ WIS: 3 ~ CHA: 2

Losing fat while maintaining/building muscle mass is entirely possible. I've done it! So I'm sure you can too. You'll find a lot of great information here, but maybe even more importantly you'll find a lot of support. Whatever it is you want to achieve, whatever quests you come up with for your life, we're here for you!

Thanks Critter!

I'm trying, and it seems like I'm down to stubborn belly and chest fat.

After calculating my BMR (with activity level), I've put in effect a 35% calorie deficit to achieve fat loss. This resulted in 1800 calories a day, with 100g of protein contributing the bulk of that, and the rest coming from fruits, whole grains, and fat free dairy.

I'm also doing a one-hour full body strength building routine (with progression each week) three times a week and HIIT three times a week.

I tell you, it took forever for me to come up with even that, and I'm still not confident it's all correct for my goal of fat loss with no muscle loss/small muscle gain. But I guess I'll just have to fine tune it as I need to!

I am still trying to figure out my race! Humans seem so boring, but it looks like what I fit into. Probably definitely going warrior though, as, once I lose some more fat, my goal will be strength and muscle mass gain all the way.

I really like the atmosphere around here and hope to share in some good adventures! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rubducky [Current Challenge]

Level 1 Human Warrior

"In times of great challenge, faith in deliverance proves a more stalwart companion than a warrior's will."

STR: 4 ~ DEX: 1 ~ STA: 2 ~ CON: 3 ~ WIS: 3 ~ CHA: 2

Archived