Forums are back in action! ×

To the people of Nerdfitness

Hi everyone, my name is Misty.

I recently started dating the man of my dreams. I thought he was completely insane when he started suggesting that I go on a weight lifting diet and actually start to lift weights. He even started saying I should join a combined martial arts class. I've never been overweight nor have I ever been particularly sporty. Most of my spare time consisted of watching tv shows I've seen a hundred times and staying up late watching movies. However, because he was so animated and excited about starting back on his own diet I decided I'd try it with him. If I didn't like it, I could always stop.

Since I started exercising and eating healthier I feel so much better. It's only been about a month and I haven't gained or lost any weight. I only weighed about 50kg to begin with. Initially, I had my partner comprise my diet for me because I had no idea what I needed to do. It consisted of 6 meals per day. Most of them with yogurt, chicken breast, sweet potato and broccoli. He made me my own spread sheet that counted up all calories. Since he explained how it works, I've made my own diets. One for work out days and one for non work out days. On work out days all the protein is built around the time I work out (mostly nights) with all the fats in the morning. On non work out days protein, carbs and fats and spread out evenly over the six meals. I even managed to fit cheese into a meal on non work out days. (Oh how I missed cheese before I made my own diet.) I have the workout meals 3 days a week and every other day is considered a non work out day. (Non workout days are considered days of rest and also days I do combined martial arts.)

Currently I'm just starting week 4 of my weight lifting training. I lift 3 nights a week. Since I started I've improved so much. When I started I was deadlifting, bench pressing and squating 17kg. Now I'm doing 27kg and planning on adding more weight very soon.

Right from the time I started on the diet and going to combined martial arts classes, I've been hooked. I talk about it with the guys at work all the time because more or less, they're doing the same thing. I can't wait to get home at the end of the day and lift weights with my music playing. I even enjoy drinking my protein shakes. They're not as bad as everyone says!

Feel free to comment any suggestions you might have for me. Thanks (:

Archived