Forums are back in action! ×

New to this

Hey not sure what to say yet. But I think this place is pretty awesome. I use to work out all the time and I go through phases where I'm unhappy with fitness and esteem and then start to work out then it just ends within a couple weeks. This time hopefully with the help of this rad forum I can get into a cool challenge and have other people who are doing the same thing as me, to keep me motivated.

I guess i'll just start with my goals: I am currently 5'10 and 195lbs

-I did the math and without working out and just starting to eat better I could keep my calories to around 1,750 a day and lose about 2lbs a week. I could be at my weight goal of 175 by the middle of January.

-This probably is not reasonable, so i'm shooting for february or so. I will also be working out daily, hopefully 3-4 miles 4 days a week, with some p90x upper body thrown in there a few days a week. I will also start skiing again as the mountain progress's.

Skiing is one of the best workouts I hear! I failed at it when I tried, but more power to you haha. I was in a similar boat. 6'1" and 205. Got down to 172, but this last bit of chest ab stomach fat is killing me. Since starting Stronglifts 5x5, I've decided to try for muscle and strength gain over fat loss, and just accept my little bit of stubborn fat for now.

If I can get to 170s, I know you can!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rubducky [Current Challenge]

Level 1 Human Warrior

"In times of great challenge, faith in deliverance proves a more stalwart companion than a warrior's will."

STR: 4 ~ DEX: 1 ~ STA: 2 ~ CON: 3 ~ WIS: 3 ~ CHA: 2

Hey Levitation, welcome! Glad you joined us. You're probably right that 2lbs a week is pretty steep, but it all depends on what you're willing to put into it. We're not really all about crash dieting here -- its about doing it right and doing it for life. Instead of seeing how fast you can do it, why don't you think about how you can change your life and habits so that you never have to do it again? The rest of us will be here cheering you on :)

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Archived