Forums are back in action! ×

Fundraising for Cancer Research and the Make a Wish Foundation

Good Afternoon!

Our family has been active with the St. Valentine's Hair Massacure in Edmonton, AB for a number of years. Paladin, the standard poodle, was one of their mascots for the event while he was able and sported nose-to-tail hot pink fur. With Paladin no longer with us, Mercy the greyhound will be stepping in to fill his place. While she can't go pink herself, we're working on fitting one of the fundraising t-shirts for her. One of my sons and I are both pinked and we're both going to shave our heads to promote awareness for the Stollery Children's Hospital and the work they do with children with cancer.

Our family has been hit very hard this last year with cancer. My paternal grandmother passed away in December from cancer and my maternal grandmother is waiting on testing to see how they're going to proceed with her recent cancer diagnosis. They were diagnosed not two months apart. Half of the proceeds from this event go to the Stollery Children's Hospital for cancer research; I found out just recently that the Massacure is their largest single fundraising donor to date. The other half goes to the Make a Wish Foundation.

I'm going to include the link here for online pledging. If you have a spare couple of dollars, this is a good place to put it. If you don't please don't feel pressured. Just spreading awarness is part of the campaign. Please feel free to forward this email or post it and the link to as many people as you feel can help. The link information is directly below.

Thank you and I wish for you and your family a long, healthy life.

~ Andrea and Family

Pledge Link: Thank you for Stopping by!

. ~*~ Some things make ripples... I prefer to make waves. ~*~ .