Forums are back in action! ×

Well, I'm new in posting anyway. Signed up a while ago but never got around to posting here.

I'm Dan, 24 and overweight my entire life. I keep telling people my goal is to get under 180 for the first time since 8th grade and people that haven't known me don't believe me. As to how I'll get there, running and lifting. I've been the person that goes good for a month or two and then falls back into the old routine. This time it will be different, I've been doing a couch to 5k program for 3 weeks. Yesterday I decided I was going to push myself and keep with running so I signed up for the Cleveland half marathon in May and I've already committed to the Tough Mudder in Pittsburgh this August.

I don't see myself going full Paleo like so many on here do, but I have stopped the daily run to a fast food joint, 1500 calorie lunch and am down almost 10 lbs in the 3 weeks I've been doing that. Short term, I hope to be under 200 lbs by the end of the year, running a 5 miles without a break by the end of January, and under 180 lbs by mid March when I have a trip planned to Florida. I want to walk the beach shirtless and not be embarrassed by my fat for the first time ever!!

Longer term, I plan to complete at least the one, but hopefully 2 half-marathons and Tough Mudder, then start prepping for a full marathon next year(2014) and climb Kilimanjaro before I turn 30(5 years out).

Ambitious Goals. Keep consistent and push yourself and I have no doubt that you will hit every one one them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 2 Furyan Ranger

STR 7| DEX 4 | STA 6.5 | CON 4 | WIS 6 | CHA 2

on the path to become a Master Ranger/Assasin

"You have not failed until you quit trying"

Chalange 1 Current

Wow! Welcome! I love your uber goal of climbing Kilimanjaro!! What an epic dream! It's also wonderful that you've started making changes across the board to address your life -- changing your eating habits, changing your exercise, giving yourself goals to work towards... fantastic. Can't wait to see what you do here! (Also, as a side note, there are also lots of us who don't eat Paleo, so you're not alone. Anyway, everyone is really encouraging even if you're doing something different, so no worries!)

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Archived