Forums are back in action! ×

Done lurking...

Hey all -

Been lurking and reading articles for a little under a month now, and decided that it is time to commit. I used to be in great shape (back when I was in the Army 7 yrs ago :nonchalance: ) and would like to get back to that level of fitness again. Since getting outta the Army I've done quite a few jobs, but I am a little under 2 yrs into my first desk job (IT), and it's starting to show...

Soooo, with that said, here are my initial goals:

1. Continue doing physical activity of some sort at least 5 days a week for .5 hrs a day (currently hitting the heavy bag/kettlebell workouts M/W/F and Couch to 5k T/Th/Sa, rest/makeup day on Sunday)

2. Track food intake daily, striving for <2000 cal and <100g carbs per day (I don't want to diet, I need to make lasting changes, and I want to see what my baseline is...)

3. My lovely wife has set a bedtime for me on work nights of 10pm (super hard for me, I'm a total night-owl)

4. Drink at least 8 glasses of H2O daily, and limit caffeine intake to two beverages a day.

Longer term:

1. Run the 5k fun run on St. Patty's Day here in Seattle with my running partner.

2. Get back to 80/20 Paleo by 2013

3. Cut out caffeine dependency completely by 2013

I started working on the initial goals about a month ago, and have been pretty good at sticking to them so far, and am now starting to see the fruits of my labor (down 10lbs and 2" off the waistline, huzzah!). Thanks for taking the time to read this, I am super excited about beginning my journey to Viking Berserkr-ness! :)

LVL 1 Space Viking

Those initial goals can totally be modified and set up for the next 6 week challenge. Sounds like you are off to a fantastic start! Congratulations!

Welcome to the Rebellion!

PS: When I am dead, lay me in a mound! Raise a stone for all to see RUNES CARVED TO MY MEMORY!

Level 3 Martial Monk, True Neutral

STR: 6.5 | DEX: 6 | STA: 7 | CON: 9 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 6

My First Challenge

Archived