Forums are back in action! ×

So I literally just spent about an hour typing an intro telling my story. During that time I guess I got automatically logged out. Here's the short version then:

David Bruehl

Tattooist

Two Kids; boys

Lost 100 lbs over 4 years (324lbs-223lbs and dropping as I get stronger)

Did it in this order:

Been overweight since I was a kid. Got real bad when I started tattooing. So much sitting.

Weight Watchers for a bit after my second son was born, dropped to 300 lbs.

Moved and stalled for about a year.

Got worried about my health, joined a yoga class, went 4+ days per week. Dropped near 260ish.

Life changes, culminating in divorce.

Started weight training and kettlebells, along with socializing in bars and overworking and escapist eating.

Stalled for about a year while doing all that.

Got new wind, added running to the weights. Pulled a calf muscle. (and broke a toe a couple days later. non-fitness related.)

Bought a bike and started riding long distance. Trained and rode a century (100 mile ride) last October.

Focusing on kettlebells a lot more lately. I'm going to start competing in kettlebell sport. I'm getting certified with IKFF next month as my first step towards that.

There it is. Short and sweet. Sorry about the lack of real poetry to it, the eloquent version was pretty cool.

-David Bruehl-

my website

"We seek not to imitate the masters. Rather, we seek what they sought."

Hiya, man! A tattooist! That is so cool! It takes a confident man to draw in a medium that you can't erase.

Kettleballs is your chosen weapon right now, eh? We have a few kettleball users on the board. Are you still doing yoga on the side?

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

Yes of course, general hatha yoga, and since yoga was my fitness foundation, I would say I approach all my working out in a yogic manner. To be honest I would probably practice more if I had hard floors at home. I really hate doing yoga on a mat on carpet. Just feels wrong.

-David Bruehl-

my website

"We seek not to imitate the masters. Rather, we seek what they sought."

Welcome to the boards, David! I know I've lost a couple posts to the ether myself on this forum. I've started copying the text before hitting submit these day, just to make sure all is not lost. Sounds like you came to the right place. Lots of KB fans here to follow your progress.

Love the avatar pic and I REALLY dig your portfolio.. Ever travel to Canada with your equipment by any chance? ;) I suppose a road trip could be in order but I fear I'd drive my family crazy by singing "oooooooklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plaaaaain" the whole way.. :P

Jason

Follow my adventures!

Me | My Youtube | Facebook | RunKeeper