Forums are back in action! ×

Glencoe, signing in.

Hello Rebellion,

I discovered this site today, and immediately decided to join. I used to run and play rugby for my university, but after a nasty injury lost my ability to work out while I recovered. I began smoking in that recovery period to ease the stress of my injury and recent break up in a long term relationship. I have been smoking for a little over two years now, and have watched my body slowly deteriorate from what it used to be.

Well, I'm done making excuses and feeling sorry for myself. I went on my first run today in a very long time, 3.51 miles @ <10min mile pace, did a weakened version of the 300 workout, and began the paleo diet. I am extremely proud that I am making this decision to improve my life. Since I do not have the old CC and rugby team to back me up with positive reinforcement anymore, I decided to join the forums so that I can see others and their successes.

I do have a few questions about the paleo diet, however. I am not entirely sure if this is the right venue to be asking, so I apologize if these question belong in another thread.

1. I am thinking about starting off my mornings with oatmeal, milk, and hard boiled eggs. I am afraid of gaining an intolerance to gluten and lactose through the paleo diet. Is this the healthiest choice I could make for a daily dose of grain and dairy? What other suggestions do you guys have?

2. Red meat isn't very practical for the body. I noticed that the paleo diet does not shun red meat. Why is this? I am likely going to limit my red meat intake to once a week, to keep the enzymes going in my stomach. What is the community's thought on this?

3. I love beer. I plan on allowing myself a few beers every weekend, or every other weekend. Since I like to drink, I am looking for alternate ways to drink while sticking to the paleo diet. I was thinking about straight bourbon, straight tequila, and maybe gin and tonic. Thoughts, or some nice manly drink recipes would be much appreciated.

Anyway, thanks for having me guys and girls. I hope to stay active on these forums, and update you guys with my progress.

Cheers.

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Glencoe, Level 1 Wood Elf Ranger

STR 2|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 3

[/TABLE]

Hey Glencoe!

I just wanted to pop by and welcome you the rebellion. I am not too familiar with the Paleo diet, however the thread for it is http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/forumdisplay.php?84-Paleo-Primal.

Hopefully that helps a little.

Level 8 Scottish Highland Assassin

Str 20/ Dex 10/ Sta 15/ Con 17/ Wis 20/ Cha 13

"Most of the things worth doing have been declared impossible before they were done."

Daily Battle Log

My Fitness Pal

Fitbit

Facebook

Archived