Forums are back in action! ×

Standing Desks

Definitely get a cushioned mat to stand on. Standing around in work shoes isn't the greatest thing, and most work places don't have floors designed for comfort. It's weird getting used to writing and typing while standing, especially if you have to draft fairly long documents.

It became a novelty or a "nice to have" after awhile. Some days, I'd feel like standing, most days not. I think that when I had it sitting, it was more of a reminder for me to get up and walk around. When the weather is even remotely nice (above 35 and not raining), I just go walk around the track outside.

Cable management will be important, as will placement of the hardware. I shared a workspace with a woman and we both had adjustable/standing desks that faced each other over a cubicle wall that was about 5' high or so. She decided to suddenlty put it into the standing position one day and launched a potted plant over the wall, crushing my monitor and spilling dirt everywhere.

Repairing a lifetime of bad habits...