Forums are back in action! ×

Your Perfect Gym

We all know that most gyms are crap, but I know all of us would feel better about them if we actually designed one. Post what your perfect gym would include, and possibly look like. Also, where would your gym be? Home gym, center of town, old warehouse, etc...

I know we've got some creative people here, and I thought this would be a fun idea.

Have fun!

Nice forest with sturdy trees to climb and a clean lake to swim in. (with fish!) And a heated lake house with towels, if you please ('cause that water's gonna be freaking cold).

Ropes, rocks, and logs about the premises. One of those big-ass trampolines. Some balance beams. (Better get another trampoline and put it under the balance beam -- soft landing AND you can practice jumping pullups!) A jungle gym. A slide. Actually, two slides: one dumps you in the lake! Oh, and some of those floating barrels in a corral on the lake, so you can practice your ninja walk. Also, we need a sunny field for games, and maybe a hedge maze. Obviously we will need a selection of bouncy balls, soccer balls, baseballs, medicine balls...

Oh, and a lookout tower (or treehouse). With stairs to climb. Annnd maybe a pole to slide down. Because lookout towers are awesome, and I always wanted one.

Or maybe we'll just build a couple replicas of the temples in "Legend of Zelda" games. "Go find the Boss Key, you have 15 minutes -- scoot!" Yes.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Guest Carjack

Indoor gym:

Olympic and powerlift bars, bumper plates, dumbbells, chain, a few challenge kettlebells or sandbags.

Row of squat racks and cages.

Horizontal ladder/monkey bars and climbing rope.

Pull up/dip station with belt to hang weight from.

Glute-ham developer.

Punching bag and speed bag.

Open space for sprints across the gym floor.

Outdoor gym or fitness park:

Dirt trails and hills, with a few stairways, hurdles and rails.

Monkey bars.

High climbing rope.

Dip bars.

Odd lifting objects. Rocks, sandbags, logs.

Wooden striking posts for weapons.