Forums are back in action! ×

Hi from Louisiana!

Hi everybody and greeting from Louisiana!

I've been following the blog for quite a while and finally decided to see what the community was all about.

I've struggled since college with trying to put more muscle on and become healthier on my own. Right now I'm 30yr old, 6ft tall and probably about 145 pounds or so. Have been trying to eat healthier for several months now (cutting processed foods & carbs out), and finally last week took the plunge and cut Mountain Dew and alcohol out of the diet cold turkey. Have already dropped one belt notch. Started working out again last week by running and hitting the beginning bodyweight workout. I plan to continue working out next week and start going back to Krav Maga. Ideally I'd like to work up to going to Krav Maga five times a week (2 level 1 sessions, 1 weapon session, 2 fitness / workout sessions) but that might take a while cause those classes really kick my ass.

Looking forward to starting my battle log!

Just a guy on a journey - Battle Log

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done - Bruce Lee

Be honest with yourself and ethically pursue your happiness - Laz

Congrats on the changes you've already made -- especially cutting out soda and alcohol! Wow, that is tough! Are you the sort of all-or-nothing person that has to get rid of them completely, or could you just moderate it a little? Krav Maga sounds awesome - It's great to see you've found something you love to do. Welcome to the rebellion, Chroronodon! (where did your name come from? For some reason it reminds me of a dinosaur...)

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Hello Hiraedd!

No, I'm not the all-or-nothing type of person at all :apologetic: I'd been working on cutting my Mountain Dew consumption down for a week or two already. I found bringing a big 30oz insulated cup from home full of ice & water and having a sip of that first thing in the morning at work really helped me cut out the morning Dew, but I still usually had one at night with rum. About a week ago I had some personal issues come up which forced me to acknowledge that I've been using the alcohol (I've been drinking fairly regularly, on my own, since graduating college) to avoid dealing with some internal issues. Also, mornings are about the only time I feel I can workout and if I drink at night it's a beast to get up on time in the morning to get to work on time, let alone work out. So I decided the alcohol had to go. So far so good, although I am still waiting for the horrible caffeine headache & cravings to hit.

As far as my name, that's from college. My friends called me 'Bones', and I had thought to use that as an online persona, but it's not very unique. So I spent about 20 minutes brainstorming and came up with Choronodon. It's vaguely inspired by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cronus & http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronos, I can't remember why anymore but all of the father of all and time stuff struck a chord at the time.

Just a guy on a journey - Battle Log

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done - Bruce Lee

Be honest with yourself and ethically pursue your happiness - Laz

Archived