Forums are back in action! ×

Heya,

I'm Calip (or Matt) and I heard about this from Kithis. I'm 22 and a College teacher in the UK. While at University I did go to the Gym twice a week as well as a 20min walk up a seriously steep hill every morning but towards the end of my degree I lived further away and couldn't go to the gym anymore.

To date I go to the Gym twice a week and attend Wing Chun Kung Fu once a week. I'm very geeky and thought this would be perfect to interject some buzz and excitment into my workouts. Even though I'm a brit I love American Football and I'm a big fan of the Baltimore Ravens, if you didn't guess by my avatar. :D

I've decided to go down the Ranger route as I enjoy weights but don't want to miss out on some good old cardio. My character sheet is here (warning, isn't finished yet :D)

I've started a few of the workouts and been managing alright. Frustratingly though I missed out on two of my targets by a second each... so close yet so far. The Images below are the results of my first attempts at leveling up (^_^) I should be able to do these next time I go to the Gym.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]132[/ATTACH] 500m Row (0.9 Secs off! Argh!)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]133[/ATTACH] 800m Run (Double Argh!)

If you have any questions or anything then gimme a shout!

C.

post-1632-13567242844212_thumb.jpg

post-1632-13567242844341_thumb.jpg

post-1632-13567242844212_thumb.jpg

post-1632-13567242844341_thumb.jpg

0.9 seconds! Gah!!

Hey man, welcome! I hope you're joining our next Challenge, starting in 1 week this monday. It's great fun!

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

Howdy howdy! It's nice to see someone motivated! I've gotten so far as to actually figure out how to follow Spezzy's tutorial and make the little boxes show up.... *sighs* I need to get my tail going and see where I am for ranking still.

The good news is, you now have a basepoint to aim for? =)

. ~*~ Some things make ripples... I prefer to make waves. ~*~ .

Yeah I have markers now and I know I can beat them, so frustrating having those times linger around me. Looking forward to my next Gym session so I can finally sort that out. I need to get on with sorting my levels out...and my character sheet as a whole really!

A challenge sounds interesting, i'll have to look into it (^_^)

Yeah I have markers now and I know I can beat them, so frustrating having those times linger around me. (^_^)

Frustration is good if you use it the right way. The next time you row, really focus on how much it freakin SUCKED missing the time by that much. It's amazing how much we can actually push through with the right motivation. Mind you, I'm a "wall?? What wall? Is that what that odd impact was back there?" kind of a gal. LOL Not always in my own best interest but at least I'm consistant.

. ~*~ Some things make ripples... I prefer to make waves. ~*~ .