Forums are back in action! ×

New Rebel

Hi, I'm Amanda, Onyx on the boards. I have been lurking on the site for several weeks now. I found rebel fitness while researching a speech on hiking and everything about this approach to fitness just clicked for me. I love RPG video games, tabletop and board games, fantasy and sci-fi books, movies and tv shows.

I'm 39 years old and a mother of three. My oldest is in college, the others are a senior and junior in high school. I returned to college last fall to complete my nursing degree and will graduate(fingers crossed) this May. When I went back to school, my blood pressure went out of control. I managed to start some healthy habits and lost ten pounds trying to get it back under control. Over the last year, I managed to keep the weight off, but the habits didn't stick.

So, I'm here to work towards some healthy habits, lose some more weight and to start working towards something instead of just getting from one day to the next.

Level 1 Half-Elf Ranger

STR 1, DEX 3, STA 1, CON 4, WIS 4, CHA 2

My current challenge: http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?20472-Onyx-s-First-Challenge

Twitter: @AmandaSweatt

"Any road followed precisely to it's end leads precisely nowhere." Frank Herbert

I've been looking forward to the next challenge and working on my goals. This is what I have come up with so far:

1) Walk 100 miles. I'm working on the walk to Mordor challenge.

2) Do the beginner body weight routine 3 times a week and by the end be able to do 3 circuits.

3) Eat a healthy breakfast a minimum of 6 days a week.

4) Do 250 N-Clex practice problems for my RN license exam next summer.

I'm not sure which profession to choose though. I'm not sure if Rangers or Adventurers would be more appropriate. Any advice on profession or goals would be much appreciated.

Level 1 Half-Elf Ranger

STR 1, DEX 3, STA 1, CON 4, WIS 4, CHA 2

My current challenge: http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?20472-Onyx-s-First-Challenge

Twitter: @AmandaSweatt

"Any road followed precisely to it's end leads precisely nowhere." Frank Herbert

Archived