Forums are back in action! ×

Another one joins the fray

So after months of reading the newsletter, my first one was the 101 ways to level up, and after at least three false starts in writing this here I am.

So yeah, I guess a little background information is in order. My name is James but I normally go by Hoppy or Hops. I'm 27 and I've been married for 4 years now. I'm 5'8 but sitting at 250. As bad as it sounds, I was at 280 at my peak but I've been able to get down to 235 at one point. I've hit a plateau and I've been stuck here for about 9-10 month now. Back when I was younger I did both football and wrestled. Actually went to state in both sports. Ended up with a 5th place in wrestling and second place in football. So I'm not unfamiliar with training and hard work. The reason for my balloon style weight gain was my knees. I have a slight condition that causes some aches, pains and the occasional buckling from time to time. I had a scholarship in line for the University of Idaho but I didn't pass the physical. I pretty much let that ruin my outlook. I stopped working out and the rest is pretty much history.

So here I am. I just got done with the c25k program and I'm running 30 minutes at least 3 days a week. I doesn't sound like much, but that was something I couldn't even do in my playing days. I'm also considering the Starting Strength program and get back into that aspect. I've tried to do the whole "eating better" idea, but I'm finding that I might need to find a actual plan to stick to. So that is mission number 1. Mission 2 is to find out more about the OFMG and get into that.

Hoppy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 1 Adventurer

STR 2|DEX 2|STA 4|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 2

My Challenge ---Twitter

Hiya Hoppy! Welcome aboard! Sounds like you have some good intentions of where you want to go next. We're starting a new challenge in a week, so I'll expect to see you there! Steve has some great bodyweight workouts here on NF, if you want a no-equipment-required start to strength training. Do you want to get fit for the sake of being fit, or is there a particular activity you want to get into? Do you have any interest in joining a recreational football league?

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

Well, the reason that started my journey was actually my mom. Within two years she had both a stroke and a heart attack. That woke me up pretty fast. I don't want to put my wife or future kids through the same worry and heartache I went through. As far as the rec football league goes, it's a great idea but there aren't any leagues around this area unless you're a member of WSU(Which I am not right now).

I'm looking forward to the new challenge!

Hoppy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 1 Adventurer

STR 2|DEX 2|STA 4|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 2

My Challenge ---Twitter