Forums are back in action! ×

Howdy All,

Former Couch slug, recently (last may) picked up exercising and dropped smoking. At the same time (let me tell you, that was a TERRIBLE month). My main focus was originally building back my wind and losing weight.

Since then, I have built my wind up to fairly acceptable levels and I have dropped 30 pounds or so. I also started adding in lifting about 2-3x a week around September. Currently hitting them gym on average 4-6 times a week for about 2-3 hours a day.

Normal routine includes an hour of cardio (fairly high intensity, about 75% of max heart rate sustained for about 55 minutes) to warm up the body then onto either lifting or core exercises. Sometimes though, with work, its hard to get it all in, so I usually cut down the cardio to enough just to warm up (10-15) or half an hour.

I realized the next step to getting better was to change my diet. That and I saw OMFG referenced in a different article I was reading and I just had to try it. Character sheet is up and in the forum. (Goooooooo Ranger team)

My goals these coming months are to:

1) Get Stronger

2) Get Lighter

3) Fly

4) Do the Paleo diet + dairy (I love milk and whey protein too much)

5) Prep my body and mind for starting Assassin skill set training in March when warm weather hits.

Long term goal:

1) Try out for American Ninja Warrior in August. (Helllloooooooooooooo Assassin training.... and boooooooooo my life when it gets warm out and I have to get serious about it.)

2) Become an outstanding member of this fine NF community.

Questions, comments, concerns, thoughts about the universe, and zombie killing tips are always welcome.

"She turned me into a newt!"

"A newt?"

"I got better..."

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/NFPlex

That's NFPlex.

Dude, that's fantastic! Way to change your life! With that level of activity, you must eat a TON, especially if you're wanting to gain muscle. We have lots of great paleo recipes for you to try, and I promise you you'll be amazed how good they are. Welcome to the boards!

Zombie Survival Hint #31: Bicycles may not provide the best protection from zombies, but they can outrun them, and don't need gas. Plus, you could hold out a sword at head height and go zooming by a row of zombies for laughs.

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins