Forums are back in action! ×

Hello Rebel Alliance

Hey everybody, I just discovered this site within the last week (thank you stumbleupon....oh the countless hours I've spent perusing your deepest expanses) and have immediately fallen in love with it. I read a fair number of blogs regularly but am not an active member of any of the communities. This is the first blog to inspire me to participate in the forums...I guess that is just how awesome it is. I am incredibly jealous of the adventure that Steve is about to embark on and cannot wait to start hearing all of the amazing stories.

Ok for a little background of myself I was on the baseball player all through high school and in football for the first two years, so I have always been pretty active. I am now a junior in college and for the last few years have never had a consistent workout routine. Recently I have started to run more consistently (since high school I have been running a little bit but not nearly consistently enough). I believe that this site will give me the motivation to finally commit to it.

In the next few days I plan to set up my character for the OMFG. It is the OMFG that truly pushed me over the edge to start participating in this forum...I think it is a great idea. I will be a scout but will also try to incorporate a lot of the ranger skills. Most of my high priority goals involve running though I have recently tried things such as the 100pushups challenge. I was able to get 75 before I was derailed from the routine...but at some point I will get back on track.

I feel that the biggest obstacle to working out as much as I would like is the time commitment. Balancing school, work, social life, and exercise has led to me leaving out the exercise...but since the new year I have been better at keeping an exercise routine and I hope to continue with that trend.

I am excited to start a new stage of this adventure we call life, and to have a great group of people to begin with.

Hey man! Welcome to the boards! You'll definitely want to sign up for our next Challenge, starting this Monday. It's a great way to level your life in 28 days or less!

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins