Forums are back in action! ×

sit-up progression plan

I am sure there are some other weaklings lurking out there; I can't be the only one. For those of us that need it, here is a sit up progression to follow. I am trying it.

This is from an article called "3 Ways Push-Ups Can Help You"

http://www.active.com/fitness/Articles/3_Ways_Push-Ups_Can_Help_You.htm?cmp=1747

"Hit the floor and try this posture-perfect workout progression.

Weeks 1 to 3: Before your regular workouts, do the plank. Start with 10 5-second holds the first week, then do four 15-second holds the second week, and one 30-second hold the third week.

Weeks 4 to 6: Hold for 30 seconds in the push-up position in week 4, then hold for 30 seconds in a knuckle-push-up position in week 5. Finally, in week 6, do slow-motion push-ups, maintaining perfect posture. Take 2 seconds to descend, hold 2 seconds, and push yourself up for 2 seconds. Work up to 10 at this speed.

And anytime you feel your back start to sway when you aren't exercising, do the pelvic tuck and flatten your back.

The more you focus on flattening your back, the less chance you'll spend significant time flat on your back."

Level 1 Earth Mother Druid 

STR-2 DEX-1 STA-3 CON-3 WIS-3 CHA-3

I did the 100 pushup program for awhile, really helped me get the strength back in my arms. http://hundredpushups.com/

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!