Forums are back in action! ×

Hi all.

I always feel a bit weird doing these introduction things...

Um. Hi. I realized the other day that I've been trying to lose weight for about 15 years and never making a lot of progress, so I decided that a commitment to talking about it somewhere and holding myself a bit more accountable was what I needed. After looking around a bit I thought the Nerd Fitness approach seemed really nicely balanced and the forums full of friendly people.

I live in Brisbane and work keeps me really busy. I have a love/hate relationship with running (hate it before I start and some of the time during, but love it when I'm done because I feel accomplished) and like lifting weights (being strong is really useful in my job), but I'm terrible at doing things consistently. I could win a gold medal for doing something really well for two weeks and then failing spectacularly for three, and so on and so on. I also have a terrible fondness for baked goods and bakingand chocolate in almost all forms.

So, I'm looking forward to joining in the forums and sticking with things for more than 2 weeks this time.

Most of us feel awkward doing the introduction thing...but I'm so glad you did it anyways! Welcome to the rebellion. Here's to finding a way that work this time. (also, there's lots of aussie/new zealand members, so I'm sure you'll have the chance to connect with some of them, too. If you put your country or city in your location I think you'll be surprised how they come out of the woodwork!)

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Archived