Forums are back in action! ×

Hello.

Since for me, the first part of being more awesome than before is to stop lurking - I decided to do just that. And it even took me less than a week.

I stumbled across Nerd Fitness on yet another random clicking of interesting links, and as far I know, I am here to stay. The combined awesome of nerdiness and useful advice, along with the promise of a positive community is probably what reeled me in, and here I am.

I am from Estonia (that's in Northern Europe), 20 and currently studying to become a tailor. I grew up watching my mother play computer games, and have been a gamer ever since. Seven years ago I also discovered the epicness of LARPing. When I am not at school or at a LARP, I am probably at the computer, playing board RPs or writing.

I've always been a little chubby, not very active and only started to adjust my eating a year ago. Despite that, I recently discovered I weigh more than I should, and now I've decided to make changes in my life to become more active, eat better and be more able to do all the awesome things I want to do.

*waves and slinks off*

Victory, not vengeance.

LARPing! Awesome! My sister's massively into LARPing, whenever I can't get hold of her for a weekend I know it's because she's running about field killing elves, her character doesn't like elves it's a dwarf with a serious attitude problem.

Level 0 Pixie

"The cure for anything is salt water - tears, sweat or the sea" - Isak Dinesen

Hello, Jaheira! I mean deathstalker! Sorry, the avatar threw me. When I was younger (about a decade ago now) I was very active in the local Medieval Recreation group, which is kinda like LARPing without the spells and elves and such. Actually, we mostly just ate faux-medieval food and hit each other with shanai. Sword fighting is an awesome workout, though. Welcome to Nerd Fitness, and I look forward to reading about your conquests.

Heh, thanks. :)

Uh, yeah, the avatar kind of got stuck overtime, even though Jaheira isn't even my favorite NPC in Baldur's Gate. But it's one of the first games I played, so that makes it special. We have historical re-enactors here, but that just means they have less fun than LARPers do (because they stick to authenticity and we don't). :P

Victory, not vengeance.

Hallo! A tailor! That's awesome! MartinPandu here on the boards is also becoming a tailor - he's getting into his grandmother's business. I'm a paper-shuffler by trade, so I really admire people who Make Real Things.

Amazingly, I've never done LARP (it really seems right up my ally), but what a great, active activity! What kind of Awesome Things do you want to do?

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins