Forums are back in action! ×

Newbie Here!

I don't have a powerful story to share or anything poetic either. Just wanting to get healthy, lose body fat, build muscle and get fit!

I am a 49 yo female. I am 5'10 and I weight 169 today. I quit smoking March 25, 2012 (yay me!). As a result I put on some weight. My heaviest was 178 on June 3rd. I know that's not terribly bad all things considered but it was heavier than I had ever been in my life! I was horrified and started this weight loss/fat loss journey. I have been to different sites, have purchased different "eating programs" and over the past 5 months I've lost a modest 9 lbs. Slow and steady as they say.

I started eating a "clean" diet on July 12. I eat the Paleo way probably about 95%. The only thing that I don't eat in organic EVERYTHING or grass fed EVERYTHING. I insist on organic or free range or farm fresh eggs absolutely 100% of the time. Everything else I choose according to budget.

I am not on a weight loss mission but a fat loss and muscle building mission. I am excited to continue my journey here and I hope to keep learning new lessons for eating, excercise and getting and staying healthy!

Welcome Pecoch!

Good for you on quitting smoking! That has been the best single thing I have done for my health.

I promise you don't need a powerful story or poetic writing to be here. This community has been a great support in my journey and everyone I have "met" has been extremely awesome!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have!

Level 8 Scottish Highland Assassin

Str 20/ Dex 10/ Sta 15/ Con 17/ Wis 20/ Cha 13

"Most of the things worth doing have been declared impossible before they were done."

Daily Battle Log

My Fitness Pal

Fitbit

Facebook

Archived