Forums are back in action! ×

Lifting The G.D. Vacuum Cleaner: WOOT

PointyEnd

N.B.: Please pardon my French. I tend to cuss when I get excited.

I have one of those Kirby vacuum cleaners that are only sold by old-school door-to-door salesmen who show up at your house to give you a scary demo on how much dandruff is lurking in your sofa cushions. (And on eBay, for a quarter of the sticker price -- thanks, eBay!)

It's a beast. It's a tank. It's made of metal. It looks like something that belongs in the bowels of an airplane. And I love it deeply, for it sucks all the schmutz out of my floorboards, but I curse mightily at it every time I have to lug it up the stairs.

Except not today, because today, I picked it up with one hand and went sailing up the staircase like Mary Freaking Poppins.

For strength training, I've only been lifting small dumbbells, about 12 pounds max, and doing bodyweight and jumprope exercises. And I've only been at it for a little over a month, with varying levels of seriousness.

But it's working. Exhibit A: That goddamned vacuum cleaner is now my bitch.

EXCELSIOR.

Level 2 MonkSTR: 4 | DEX: 4 | STA: 2 | CON: 6 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Battle Log | Challenge Thread

this is why i have an 8lb oreck. i often charge up the stairs w/it too. but i don't get nearly the satisfaction ;)

congrats!!!!

Introspective Bookworm (Lvl 6)STR 8.5 | DEX 10 | STA 11 | CON 13 | WIS 15 | CHA 11Look, I... I may not be an explorer, or an adventurer, or a treasure-seeker, or a gunfighter, Mr. O'Connell, but I am proud of what I am. I... am a librarian. (Rachel Weiss, The Mummy)Intro/Current Challenge | Fitocracy | MFP 

Archived