Forums are back in action! ×

Avalonna's excellent introduction

Hail fellows, well met! I made the fortuitous discovery of Nerd Fitness just a few days ago; who would have foretold that a community existed which combined my interests of Paleo, fitness, tracking, online friendship, and nerdiness? This week I have begun the six-week challenge, for which I challenge myself in the areas of strength, distance travelled, sleep, and food. For those curious about the details of my challenge, you may find them here.

I have also begun the long journey to Mordor, though I have barely left the lights of Hobbiton behind me thus far. I fear I shall travel much slower than the hobbits, for I have not the option to spend the whole of my day traveling.

For the past three years I have endeavored to follow a Paleo diet - or, more rightly, a Primal diet, for I do enjoy small amounts of dairy. Truth be told, I cheat most shamefully, though I suffer little from it, being somewhat impervious to the (short-term) harm of gluten and other potentially injurious foods. Gladly, I am at a comfortable weight, being 126 pounds at 5'5", but I wish to build strength, gain muscle, and generally tone up.

Avalonna, level 3 Half-Elf Adventurer RangerCurrent challenge & spreadsheet • First challenge • Second challenge â€¢ Third challenge • Fourth challenge • Twitter • Tumblr Nerd Fitness: "This is the place to be healthy with others who know how to field strip a light saber and read elvish while explaining the dynamics of sub-space as it relates to a warp field." - tanktimusSTR 7 ~ DEX 2 ~ STA 6 ~ CON 8 ~ WIS 4 ~ CHA 3

Archived