Forums are back in action! ×

World of Warcraft nerds, anyone?

Mgn

It's weird, horde in my battlegroup used to dominate PvP but it's been a terrible slog horde side in battlegrounds lately, I think I am winning about 30% over the past month.

Same here.  My horde are on Tichondrius, which used to just dominate pvp.  Now I feel lucky with a 30% win ratio.  

The flip side is my Alli characters win damn near everything.  Even WSG and AB, which before WoD, Alliance never won.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Play Disc Priest. They're OP as hell right now. lol.

I love disc priest but I'm such a tool at it... I play resto druid and resto shammy really well!

The handy notes mode makes it pretty easy to find those, well unless you like searching for them!

It's weird, horde in my battlegroup used to dominate PvP but it's been a terrible slog horde side in battlegrounds lately, I think I am winning about 30% over the past month.

Yeah, totally bought the maps XD

I have Alliance on Kel'Thuzad and Gnomeregan, Horde on Bloodhoof and Wyrmrest Accord (god why did I server hop to an rp server ;_; )

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Is it an actual RP server? I played on an RP server when we first started, but nobody ever wanted to RP. It was sad.

I transfered there mid-WOtLK and there was still some RP there, not as much random out in the open play, but we did play with our guild some, which was fun! When I checked in for a bit with MoP it was pretty quiet though.

I play! I've played since vanilla, met my husband on there in BC, and we play together. I have one of each class/faction at at least 90 with 4 100s (2 Ally, 2 Horde) and 2 leveling Horde at 98.

I'm enjoying WoD (I'm a fan of the garrison stuff lol), but I play casually as I have other things that take up much of my time (art, D&D, reading).

My main is Krullsh, a male troll enhancement shaman, my Alliance main is Bakari, a female worgen beast master hunter, both on Dragonblight/Fenris US.

I'd love to have some more friends on my Battle.net!  Bakari#1699 if anyone would like to add me to chat :)

• Like 2

Bakari

Level 1 Half-Dwarf Mountain Nguar adventurer

STR 1|DEX 2|STA 0|CON 2|WIS 0|CHA 0

Master Dinnermancer | Keeper of The Den

350 to 300 lbs progress

60%
60%

Aaahh I wish I could remember my battlenet id... elrohiir#something, haha! XD

Lately I've mostly been doing old raids for possible mount drops/transmog gear and leisurely upgrading my leatherworking so I can get the LW mount from my garrison.  and the occasional BG.  I've been splitting my time between WoW and FFXIV lately...

• Like 2

I play! I've played since vanilla, met my husband on there in BC, and we play together. I have one of each class/faction at at least 90 with 4 100s (2 Ally, 2 Horde) and 2 leveling Horde at 98.

I'm enjoying WoD (I'm a fan of the garrison stuff lol), but I play casually as I have other things that take up much of my time (art, D&D, reading).

My main is Krullsh, a male troll enhancement shaman, my Alliance main is Bakari, a female worgen beast master hunter, both on Dragonblight/Fenris US.

I'd love to have some more friends on my Battle.net!  Bakari#1699 if anyone would like to add me to chat :)

Glad to have ya!  You're the third person I've talked to that met their husband/wife in WoW.  I find that amazing and encouraging!  Pretty sure I posted mine already, but my Btag is Oramac#1305.  

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

In game, hit "O" and look at the top of the friends window.  It'll tell you your battlenet ID.   :D

I have it... at home though.  Wish I could log in at work!  BEST WORK DAY EVERRRRR

• Like 1

Glad to have ya!  You're the third person I've talked to that met their husband/wife in WoW.  I find that amazing and encouraging!  Pretty sure I posted mine already, but my Btag is Oramac#1305.  

And people wonder why I moved to Canada, I just point to him. HIS FAULT! lol I'll add you, if you don't mind :D

• Like 1

Bakari

Level 1 Half-Dwarf Mountain Nguar adventurer

STR 1|DEX 2|STA 0|CON 2|WIS 0|CHA 0

Master Dinnermancer | Keeper of The Den

350 to 300 lbs progress

60%
60%

My Alliance Garrison seems like a thriving, well built series of structures that could survive a typhoon.

My horde garrison is a shanty strewn hobo town.

I've solely been playing my Orc Hunter so far, and just started levelling my Dwarf DK tonight.  Even at level 1... dang, that Alliance Garrison just shouts "Fantasy RPG."  Even on the WoW forums, most people prefer the Alliance Garrison (mostly for ambience and whatnot).  I would seriously kill for another tree or two in my Horde Garrison.

• Like 2

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Grimh

Lvl 90 Destruction Warlock

Blackwing Lair

Got a few Alliance alts and a lvl 90 survival hunter Horde main as well. Still getting a feel for Warlords of Draenor.

• Like 1

"Stay strong until you win against yourself. At the end of the day, you will always be the winner." - Rika Usami

Deadlift Goal: 300 lb (136.078 kg)

71.7%
71.7%

Bodyweight: [start: 185 lb] [Current: 161 lb] [Goal: 135 lb]

44%
44%

How is everyone enjoying WoD so far?  I love the expansion itself, but I'm finding myself a bit displaced and I'm mostly logging on just to cap my Conquest Points, Garrison stuff, and maybe an LFR here and there.

I haven't been able to commit to a level 90 alt yet (I have several level 91s now), but I've been dabbling with some of my lower levels, a 70 Rogue and 70 Feral/Resto Druid.  I'd like to shake things up a bit and have something different on the side from my Hunter (who I love to death).  Anyone have a suggestion? 

I even reinstalled Guild Wars 2 and I've been trying that out again.

• Like 1

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

I'm really liking WOD.  I main a paladin and love it, and have a 100 hunter and DK as well.  Got a rogue at 96 and a mage at 91 that I almost never log into.  lol.  I'm waiting for patch 6.1 to hit to level my sub-90 alts, to take advantage of the new Heirloom gear.  

As for alts, if you've got a hunter already, I'd go with a melee class or healer.  Obviously I'm biased, but paladins are awesome.  Also 2H frost DK's are silly in pvp right now.  And Resto druids and Disc Priests are strong healers too.  

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I'm still trying to figure out whether I like WoD or not. I've been mostly fiddling around with my garrison; haven't run any raids/dungeons yet. Really, I haven't experienced much more than quest lines dedicated to building up my garrison.

To be continued...

• Like 1

"Stay strong until you win against yourself. At the end of the day, you will always be the winner." - Rika Usami

Deadlift Goal: 300 lb (136.078 kg)

71.7%
71.7%

Bodyweight: [start: 185 lb] [Current: 161 lb] [Goal: 135 lb]

44%
44%

My RL buddies have made a PVP resurgence in the last couple of weeks and even more so in the last few days, so I've really been enjoying the Warcraft lately.  It's frustrating though, how overpowered some classes are right now, and then it seems like all of the Flavor of the Month rerollers jump on and those classes are all you see.  It doesn't matter if we're queueing for 2s or 3s but just about every game guarantees a Frost DK and either a Resto or Feral Druid.  I really ought to level one of my alts but by the time I do, Patch 6.1 will be released and probably completely change the meta.

Just let me go back to the glory days of "Hunter in MOP PvP"!!

• Like 1

My RL buddies have made a PVP resurgence in the last couple of weeks and even more so in the last few days, so I've really been enjoying the Warcraft lately.  It's frustrating though, how overpowered some classes are right now, and then it seems like all of the Flavor of the Month rerollers jump on and those classes are all you see.  It doesn't matter if we're queueing for 2s or 3s but just about every game guarantees a Frost DK and either a Resto or Feral Druid.  I really ought to level one of my alts but by the time I do, Patch 6.1 will be released and probably completely change the meta.

Just let me go back to the glory days of "Hunter in MOP PvP"!!

Dude, Survival hunters are REALLY strong right now.  Run Survival hunter/Resto druid in 2s and you can hit 2k pretty easily if you both know how to CC well.  My hunter is in shit gear and I played with a resto druid who had no idea what he was doing and we still hit 1750 easily. 

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Decided to give WoW a go again.  I raided the crap outta that game in BC and LK (Heroic 10 Man) and got burned out shortly after Cata released and took a hiatus.  Playing late weekends and the occasional weekday evening (if kids go to bed early.)  RIght now on playing Horde on <Runetotem>, most toons are Alliance on <Thrall> from playing previously.

Karl - 96 (For now) Cow Warrior

<Runetotem>

• Like 2
64%
64%

Get Deadlift to 405 lbs for 2x6 - Current 260 lbs  2/16/14

Dude, Survival hunters are REALLY strong right now.  Run Survival hunter/Resto druid in 2s and you can hit 2k pretty easily if you both know how to CC well.  My hunter is in shit gear and I played with a resto druid who had no idea what he was doing and we still hit 1750 easily. 

Yeah, we run into that combo a lot and unless the hunter is truly and utterly terrible, they usually stomp our faces in.

...Now, if only one of my friends played a resto Druid...

• Like 1