Forums are back in action! ×

Checking in and looking for feedback

nerdy

Hey Rebels

I read through the site and loved it. Rebelling for the good of the nation, I like it.

Firstly I am former rugby player and iron discipil who due to injuries has stopped playing rugby and has looked for alternative fitness methods. I have been using bodyweight workouts for a while now with great success, im leaner and stronger than I have been in ages. I am about 6'1 205lbs and about 8% bodyfat. Looking for further strength gains and about another 10lbs on my frame.

I have recently been working through Mark Sissons Primal Blueprint Fitness programme. I was doing it twice a week, 2 sets of each movement per day but after a couple fo changes I am currently alternating two different days

1. Pressups/Pullups Abs

2. Legs/Plank

I started alternating these sessions (they were one workout originally) once I worked through his program and completed it, deciding then to add a third set. I am wondering if steve/nerd team has more advanced workouts? I read the batman workout and thought it was great, but 3 sets of 5 would not be a challenge (not meaning to sound arrogant).

I have also read some interesting stuff recently about guys doing low impact work (press-ups/pull-ups etc) everyday for various reps/hand positions etc. Much like the thinking of gymnasts/cyclists etc who train everyday and look amazing.

Thanks Rebels

Regards

Davie

If bodyweight workouts don't sound too challenging, what about adding back some iron? Weight training can be a good next step.

I hear you tanktimus. I am trying to avoid using iron if I can (although if I stick with what im doing my pressup stages are incline, flat, decline, dynamic, explosive then weighted). Iv had plenty of shoulder, back, knee injuries playing the level of rugby I played. Body weight, no matter how tough doesnt leave my joints aching.

I have also considered using AR7 (used for Jason Mamoa for Conan) except with bodyweight movements. It is hard because after completing 7 reps of decline pressups (for example) you actively rest in the pressup position (straight arm plank) before doing another set etc etc.

Richard

Many of the folks in the warrior boards will say that weight training actually helps joint issues resolve, although I can't speak from personal experience. But hey, if a routine works for you and you're willing to keep doing it, then that routine is the best one in the world for you right now.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Archived