Forums are back in action! ×

Made it across the monkey bars!

ook

So my park has some exercise equipment along the path, like pull-up bars and parallel bars and such. I've never seen anyone over the age of 10 actually use them (what a shame) except for me of course. One of them is a set of monkey bars.

9 months ago (when I started this whole "being healthy" thing) I could barely even hang from the bars for a couple seconds without feeling like my arms were going to rip out of their sockets. So I made it a goal that "someday, I'll be able to cross these." Today was that day. :D

I made it all the way across :D

I don't remember EVER being able to do that, even when I was a kid - I'd usually fall off after a couple rungs. So this signifies that now, officially, I am in the best shape of my life. Woot!

Next, to do a pull-up.

[sIGPIC]On the road of experience...[/sIGPIC]

ook

"Let's go walking you and me"

Nice work! I can do pull-ups but can only do 3 or 4 monkey bars before slipping, so I'm betting you'll have an easier time than you think with the pull-up.

HALF-OGRE
Level 3 Ranger / Level 1 Sexy Grandpa

Str: 10.75 Dex: 11 Sta: 9.25 Con: 7.5 Wis: 6.75 Cha: 5.75

"The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what you want most for what you want right nowâ€. ― Zig Ziglar

Introduction
Current 6 week challenge
My workout log

Specialization is for insects. Do all the things!

Congrats, I really liked it when I did this for the first time in my adult life a few months ago. Now my new house has monkey bars and I try to see how many laps I can do (turning on the last ring while still hanging not letting my feet touch anything).

Level 26, Primal Ultra Trail Scout, Non-Binary Robot

Congrats! Monkey Bars are great, even if I do get odd looks while using them :).

Pull ups are also great. You can get started on the monkey bars :)

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Archived