Forums are back in action! ×

Laying out my goals

RealMenRealDads

Coming back from Iraq last year, I was in the best shape I had been in years. Nerd Fitness helped a lot with that. I challenged myself on a daily basis, but there all I did was work and then workout. Then I got home. In the process of settling in at home, I let things get in the way. Finances, school (I returned to finish my bachelors degree), and family occupied my time. I tried a few times to recapture that motivation, but it's been fleeting. These days, I stress about finishing my bachelors degree (graduate in May!) with the limited income I have and the reserve funds I set aside for me and the family.

Over the summer, I realized that I am a fan of hiking. This is funny, because in the Army I HATED our version of hiking. I've decided to level up my life by using my love of hiking and my competitive nature to lay out a long list of goals in a similar manner to Steve here at Nerd Fitness.

I'm very achievement-oriented. Most of my goals will not be body-related. The improved body is just a byproduct of improved health. The target is to continually improve how I feel and challenge myself.

I've got quite a few ideas swimming around that I'll be putting into a formal document soon, but I am open to suggestions. So far, definite additions to my list include events like "Run for Your Lives" and the Pike's Peak Ascent. I'd also like to add playing basketball competitively, and have even toyed around with an amateur MMA fight or learning brazilian jiu jitsu. I've got plenty of hiking trail goals to lay out, as well.

Time is a factor, but I'd say money is going to be the biggest factor.

Thanks for letting me ramble in my own little space here on Nerd Fitness!

--

Josh Ray

RealMeanRealDads.com

"Fearless. Intelligent. Devoted to Family."

"I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death." -- Nas

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Josh Ray, level 1 Human druid

STR 1|DEX 0|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 6|CHA 4

[/TABLE]

Archived