Forums are back in action! ×

Thanksgiving!

Mrgso

So....it's that day(in the States anyway.) You know the one where people stuff themselves to the point of explosion with food? Yeah. So most of you have probably had dinner already. We are now nearing round two.....the desserts. DUNDUNDUUUUN!!!!

So, I would like to challenge you all(this is not so much an official challenge as it is just a suggestion for the day.) If you have not had your thanksgiving dinner...limit yourself to one plate. If you can make that plate a serving size only plate good for you! And if you can resist the stuffing, potatoes, etc. and have a fully healthy thanksgiving dinner.....come here I want to bow down and worship you. lol

If you did already have dinner choose one dessert. That means instead of tasting one of each of the pies plus cookies, plus whatever other goodies other family members bring, maybe just have one slice of pie....actual serving size slice not a half the pan slice. xP

Also, (this is the hardest thing for me and usually what gets me to gain weight...)no leftovers. It's one thing to have one cheat dinner, but if you're eating turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, sweet potato, squash, green been casserole and cranberry sauce for breakfast lunch and dinner every day for the next 3 or 4 days you're gonna have some problems.:/

Anyway, happy thanksgiving everyone! (I'd just like to say i am thankful for nerd fitness.) :congratulatory:

Mrgso, level 1 Hobbit adventurer

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 4|CHA 3

I won't lie. I didn't even try. Gotta splurge sometimes.

I did limit myself to one bite each of 3 different kinds of pies and no bread. But lots and lots of roast prime rib and chili-glazed pork tenderloin, and generous side dishes.

HALF-OGRE
Level 3 Ranger / Level 1 Sexy Grandpa

Str: 10.75 Dex: 11 Sta: 9.25 Con: 7.5 Wis: 6.75 Cha: 5.75

"The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what you want most for what you want right nowâ€. ― Zig Ziglar

Introduction
Current 6 week challenge
My workout log

Specialization is for insects. Do all the things!

My family has lasagna on Thanksgiving. The side was bread. There were no protein or veggies. And, of course, all of the desserts were pies and brownies and the like with a generous side of alcohol.

I didn't even bother trying. I made sure not to overeat, but that's about all that I can say.

To top it off, I still have the extended family meal on Thursday. Thankfully, that one's more traditional, so I should be able to mostly eat protein, veggies, and some healthy fat and maybe just a little bit of dessert.

Theatresara: Wig Stylist and Interactive Performer extraordinaire 

Current Challenge Thread   http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/73790-theatresara-joins-the-scouts/

Main Quest:  Lose 30 Pounds

0%
0%

Archived