Forums are back in action! ×

7kg/15 lb down since July and back in size 16 jeans!

soleil

One of my goals has been to fit back into size sixteen jeans. I went from being a regular jeans wearer (my staple) to tights/ stockings pretty drastically a few years ago, only digging the jeans out of the cupboard once in a very blue moon (I've just gone through my Facebook photos and can find one picture of myself in jeans since 2009). The change wasn't due to my weight, it was other circumstances around my body, but then it became about my weight when I'd decide I did actually want to have a pair and couldn't fit into size 16 anymore. I always found this so disappointing. I'm sure I could have upgraded, hunted around for a size seventeen or eighteen - they're just numbers! - but I didn't want to accept that I needed a bigger size and would rather go without and work towards getting the number down. Though, for a long time I wasn't actively trying to lose weight, so I'm not sure what I thought was going to happen...

ANYWAY. My woot moment is that I return to a Levi's store yesterday and tried on the same pair of jeans (size 16/34) that I tried a few months ago (and ending up sneaking out of the store past the sales woman because I was so upset and embarrassed that they didn't fit). Not only did they A) FIT but they were B) LOOSE and c) loose enough that I couldn't justify spending the money on something I think/ hope won't fit me in another few months! YAY!

I'm sitting steadily on 84kg (down from 91kg in July) for the last two weeks or so, and can't wait to be able to take my measurements again at the beginning of December to see how I'm going. I'd share a picture I snapped in the change room but I don't have anything to compare it to so seems a bit pointless but trust me - they totes fit and were gapey and everything.

I also shared this news on Facebook which is the first time I've openly 'announced' that I'm doing something about my fitness (because it's not true unless it's on FB right?). I tell people about it and paleo (and Nerd Fitness) when they ask how I'm slimming down but it does feel good to kind of have it more out in the open. My next milestone will probably be the 10 kg mark, or breaking below 80kg (which would be 12kg - that seems better actually). That seems better actually.

And seeing as I didn't spring $130 on some jeans, I think I'll celebrate by buying a Nerd Fitness shirt this week. :D

Padawan Adventurer: Level 23 STR | 2 DEX | 2 STA | 2 CON | 4 WIS | 4 CHACurrent Mission: Preparing for the Trials"I'm the one with enthusiasm. You're the one with experience, which I'm looking forward to learning from." - Ahsoka Tano

ah, gotta love the "these jeans are too BIG!" moment. Nothing quite like it, but in my humble opinion, you should buy the new size even if you're planning on dropping more anyway (maybe not the super-expensive ones, but a cheap old navy pair would work), the reason being, progress is easier to see in well-fitting pants, you'll notice it more when you look in the mirror, you'll feel better and sexier, and you'll probably get complimented on it more if you're not still wearing oversized clothes that hide your progress, which in turn will give you even more motivation.

Treat yourself with every milestone! buy something that makes you feel sexy every day you put it on.

Thanks everyone! :D

ah, gotta love the "these jeans are too BIG!" moment. Nothing quite like it, but in my humble opinion, you should buy the new size even if you're planning on dropping more anyway (maybe not the super-expensive ones, but a cheap old navy pair would work), the reason being, progress is easier to see in well-fitting pants, you'll notice it more when you look in the mirror, you'll feel better and sexier, and you'll probably get complimented on it more if you're not still wearing oversized clothes that hide your progress, which in turn will give you even more motivation.

I did end up doing just that - two cheap $10 pairs, and received so many compliments the first day I wore them out and saw a few friends. Wearing the same dresses that I've always been wearing, I don't think you can really see my figure (which is fine) but you can't hide it in a pair of jeans and a tee.

I'm still going to spring for a pair of those Levis, maybe when I'm down to a snug 14. :D

Padawan Adventurer: Level 23 STR | 2 DEX | 2 STA | 2 CON | 4 WIS | 4 CHACurrent Mission: Preparing for the Trials"I'm the one with enthusiasm. You're the one with experience, which I'm looking forward to learning from." - Ahsoka Tano

One of my goals has been to fit back into size sixteen jeans. I went from being a regular jeans wearer (my staple) to tights/ stockings pretty drastically a few years ago, only digging the jeans out of the cupboard once in a very blue moon (I've just gone through my Facebook photos and can find one picture of myself in jeans since 2009). The change wasn't due to my weight, it was other circumstances around my body, but then it became about my weight when I'd decide I did actually want to have a pair and couldn't fit into size 16 anymore. I always found this so disappointing. I'm sure I could have upgraded, hunted around for a size seventeen or eighteen - they're just numbers! - but I didn't want to accept that I needed a bigger size and would rather go without and work towards getting the number down. Though, for a long time I wasn't actively trying to lose weight, so I'm not sure what I thought was going to happen...

ANYWAY. My woot moment is that I return to a Levi's store yesterday and tried on the same pair of jeans (size 16/34) that I tried a few months ago (and ending up sneaking out of the store past the sales woman because I was so upset and embarrassed that they didn't fit). Not only did they A) FIT but they were B) LOOSE and c) loose enough that I couldn't justify spending the money on something I think/ hope won't fit me in another few months! YAY!

I'm sitting steadily on 84kg (down from 91kg in July) for the last two weeks or so, and can't wait to be able to take my measurements again at the beginning of December to see how I'm going. I'd share a picture I snapped in the change room but I don't have anything to compare it to so seems a bit pointless but trust me - they totes fit and were gapey and everything.

I also shared this news on Facebook which is the first time I've openly 'announced' that I'm doing something about my fitness (because it's not true unless it's on FB right?). I tell people about it and paleo (and Nerd Fitness) when they ask how I'm slimming down but it does feel good to kind of have it more out in the open. My next milestone will probably be the 10 kg mark, or breaking below 80kg (which would be 12kg - that seems better actually). That seems better actually.

And seeing as I didn't spring $130 on some jeans, I think I'll celebrate by buying a Nerd Fitness shirt this week. :D

Excellent progress! I love how you now have further goals and rewards set out ahead of you for the progress to come! Keep up the great work, and happy holidays!

TheRedWriter

Level 3 Doppelganger Ranger
"Think not that you have to win. Think instead that you do not have to loose."
STR 8|DEX 4.5|STA 11|CON 6|WIS 6.5|CHA 5

Archived