Forums are back in action! ×

Is learning guitar part of your epic quest?

cob

Hey all! Just started teaching guitar lessons and I'd like to expand myself beyond the few students I have. I'm gonna start with all the BAMF Rebels on here so, here's the dealio.

45 minute lesson once a week.

first lesson (or two, for you guys!) free

$20/lesson - month to month (so $80/month)

if you're interested, all you need is a webcam, a guitar, and a good attitude! payments will be through paypal. Anyone interested can shoot me a PM.

here's a quick lesson (i'm doing one a day of these... the absolute basics of the subject)

Here's the channel for some of my guitar playing beyond lessons.

Enjoy! good luck to everyone as we start week 3 of the challenge!

Level 3 Martial Monk, True Neutral

STR: 6.5 | DEX: 6 | STA: 7 | CON: 9 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 6

My First Challenge

I am actually in the middle of teaching myself guitar, but the only problem I'm having is hearing the strumming pattern to songs I want to learn by ear. I have gone through the tutorials on JustinGuitar and GuitarJamz but I can't hear the guitar part when I listen to regular songs on my own. Hope this works out for you man, webcam tutorials sound like an awesome idea!

I am actually in the middle of teaching myself guitar, but the only problem I'm having is hearing the strumming pattern to songs I want to learn by ear. I have gone through the tutorials on JustinGuitar and GuitarJamz but I can't hear the guitar part when I listen to regular songs on my own. Hope this works out for you man, webcam tutorials sound like an awesome idea!

Strumming is tricky. the most important thing is that you air the fastest rhythm being played. for example, if the strumming is an eighth-note pattern, during rests, strum the air with eighth notes. The important thing is keeping time when you do it. let your arm follow the music.

The other thing is to find the accents first, the hardest parts of the strum, the first strum in the measure, and the last one, where each beat falls in relation to strumming. Doing it by ear takes a little practice. If you'd like, I can find or make you a sheet of common strumming patterns that should help a lot with this endeavor. Learn them all and you'll find it's just a matter of filling in the blanks

My First Challenge

These aren't just bumps. I'm trying to be productive xD Anyway, this one gets suuuper fun at the end. Nearly super-speed. It's definitely at the upper end of my limits. But before that, a sort of "how to play this lick" and some advice on practicing speed

My First Challenge

Archived