Forums are back in action! ×

Baby's first 5K!

Brndy

I ran my first 5K at 7am on Thanksgiving with a bunch of other Peace Corps volunteers. Came it at 28:20, under my goal time of 30:00. Pretty pleased! Although my legs were incredibly sore all weekend.

"If we take man as he is, we make him worse. But if we take man as he should be, we make him capable of becoming what he can be."

--Viktor Frankl paraphrasing Goethe

Next goal is...probably a 10K, that I would have to measure myself. Then there's a big half marathon in the capital in June that volunteers always go to. That's my next big goal.

"If we take man as he is, we make him worse. But if we take man as he should be, we make him capable of becoming what he can be."

Grats on the 5k man!! All the torture begins with the 5k though. Like you said you now want to run a 10k and a marathon someday.....well let the fun begin right?I actually ran my first 5k back in september? For breat cancer awareness and have run 6 more since then and i now have a personal trainer to help train me for the rotterdam marathon in April i think it is. I love every second of running and the races make it rgeat! good luck man and keep it up.

Thats a great time for your first 5k. Wish my times were that good.

Thanks man! Keep at it -- you can reach your goals too!

Grats on the 5k man!! All the torture begins with the 5k though. Like you said you now want to run a 10k and a marathon someday.....well let the fun begin right?I actually ran my first 5k back in september? For breat cancer awareness and have run 6 more since then and i now have a personal trainer to help train me for the rotterdam marathon in April i think it is. I love every second of running and the races make it rgeat! good luck man and keep it up.

Thanks! I'm not quite the enthusiast you are...I've always been a reluctant runner. It felt great to be in a race and see my friends on the route though! Crossed the finish line with someone else, which was pretty cool and good motivation. Training is the less fun part, but definitely necessary if I want to stand a chance in the half next summer! That's great that you've found an exercise you love so much!

Archived