Forums are back in action! ×

At last, I joined.

Hi there, I'm Justin.

I've been reading nerdfitness for a while now, and finally decided I ought to join the forums. I'm in definite need of several level ups in my life, and thought I'd join the community to get the support I know deep down I'll need.

To begin with, I want to be able to run 5k very very quickly. To start, I'm doing the couch to 5k program. When I'm consistently running 5k 3 times a day, I'm going to focus on making them fast.

I also plan to do the Beginner Body Weight circuit Steve talks about in his Blog on the days I'm not doing Couch to 5k. By the time I reach the end of Couch to 5k I want to be comfortable moving up to the Intermediate Body Weight Circuit.

When I feel that I'm in good enough shape and my 5k is at 30 minutes or less, I'm going to start the Parkour workout. I want to go on parkour runs twice a month at least.

There's several other ways I need to level up my life, but we'll stick to the fitness goals for now.

I'm looking forward to being a part of this community and cataloging my adventure to being the best I can be.

Hiya! Sounds like a great plan! I'm going to be starting something similar in a month (I was just building up my 5k speed when I broke my foot. Arg!), so an extra special good luck to you! If you get bored of the slow'n'steady running, I highly recomend 20 minutes of sprints (30 seconds run, 1-2 minutes walk) to just go all-out and have fun. Pretend you're being chased by tigers. :P

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins