Forums are back in action! ×

Ranger (in training) reporting for service.

Hello all!

I am a new rebel from the Texas area. I have been journeying my new fitness quest for 7-8 months now.

Started at: 220lbs, pant size 38, shirt size L-XL

Presently at: 173-175lbs pant size 32, shirt size M.

My exercise regimen consists of alternating strength and cardio days. On strength days I do squats, deadlifts, chest and shoulder presses, back/dumbbell rows and back extensions (all with free weights when possible). On cardio days, I jog for 10-20 minutes and do some random core workout or workout on a muscle area of my body that I feel the need to improve (usually the back, to aid me in my goal of performing one pull-up!); at work, every hour or so, I do 20 push-ups and 25-30 bodyweight squats for fun and fitness (usually 4-5 times a day). I usually work out 5-6 times a week at my apartment’s gym.

Diet-wise, I began paleo (90/10) several days ago and it feels great. I hope this new food lifestyle aids me to accomplish my fitness goals! Speaking of which:

Current fitness goals:

1. Weigh less than 170lbs

2. Do a successful, non-assisted pull-up

3. Reduce my overall size (chest/belly area) and body fat percentage (still placing concrete goals on this one)

Current fitness obstacles/puzzles:

1. Finding a way (feel free to suggest/comment/give opinions) to become stronger but not bigger (I have always been big/fat, and I want to live my life from now on in a smaller, leaner, stronger and more agile body).

2. Lack of 8 hour sleep nights (I usually sleep 7-6 hours) and still wake up groggy sometimes.

3. Keeping me motivated and on track (doing it by reading a lot, especially NF material!)

Current real-life fitness role model/idol:

1. Bear Grylls (Man vs. Wild dude)

That’s me in a nutshell. Oh, and I want to be a NF ranger.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GOsorio - Ranger (in training)

"No retreat, no surrender. That is Spartan law"

Well then you are a ranger, just at level one. Welcome aboard, we've been having a lot of Texans join lately, wooo (yeee haw that is). You have good goals and have identified challenge areas, if I were you I'd get over to the ranger forum and start a challenge thread, don't worry that its already in progress, just do one for the rest of the six weeks that remain. Muscle is more dense than fat, so as you get fit, body fat perscentage becomes more important than lbs, it's actually possible to build muscle at the same rate fat is burned, gain weight, and be healthier. Glad you're here.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Archived