Forums are back in action! ×

HI, my name is Alyssa...

... and I am not an alcoholic. Okay, not funny.

But seriously... I am super new to this Paleo lifestyle, actually as of Monday. I came across the idea while reading a magazine over the weekend and decided to do some research. After everything I had read, I immediately thought this was perfect for me (grains and dairy make me oober sick anyways). In my heated researching extravaganza, I came across Nerd Fitness and now here I am.

A little about me, I am 24, have a boyfriend of 6 years, we have a 3 year old son and a 4 year old HYPERACTIVE dog named Pickles. I am an Executive Assistant, so I mostly sit all day. Being a mom, having a demanding job, and taking care of a household leaves me exhausted, not gonna lie.

Fitness History - I was in a ROTC (military) program throughout high school, so I was in shape from running 1-2 miles every morning and doing more pushups and sit ups than the other guys in the program. After High School, I developed some body image issues I have never had before, so I just never ate. I know, its horrible. I was rapidly getting smaller, but with the weight went my health. I felt like absolute CRAP everyday. I got pregnant when I was 20 and gained a ridiculous amount of weight *cough* 60 lbs *cough* and have been struggling to get rid of it since then, though I have got rid of most of it. I go to the gym, do cardio, lift weights, recently took on a cycling class. But in all honesty, I have the shortest attention span ever, and am becoming very inconsistent. So it is really getting old and I am just losing all motivation with counting calories and making sure I am at the gym right after work. So, I decided it is time for something new that will keep me intrigued. Once again, now here I am.

Goals:

There really is only two goals for me: being healthy and being a badass ;)

I don't have a whole lot of support at home and with family (I come from a hispanic family- the food is amazing but not so amazing for you.) So I have been on my own in my fitness journey.

That's about all I can think of for now. nice to meet ya'll!

Paleo is really hard in an environment with Hispanic cooking everywhere. Glad to have you in the rebellion, Paleo seems to work for a lot of people and there are whole boards dedicated to it. I know NF just launched the paleo app, might be worth looking at. Do you have any workouts you plan to try?

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I agree, it is very difficult given the surroundings. Luckily, I am pretty darn stubborn, so if I have my mind set on something nobody can really get in my way. Yes, I did download the app, but like I said I have done a significant amount of research on paleo- so it wasnt anything I didnt already know. But it is a good tool to have just in case!! :) I already feel soo much better with cutting out dairy, grains, etc. I dont think I will ever go back! As far as workout- I generally "work out" regularly (3-5 days a week), but its uninteresting. So I found a Crossfit gym I am going to check out here soon. Should be fun!

Welcome to the Rebellion Alyssa! I just started Paleo Wed. and feeling pretty great about the decision. Like you, I'm stubborn so once I decide to do something it's nearly impossible to sway me. Continue to fight the good fight and a healthy badass you shall become!

♣IRISHodabred♣, Level 2 Celtic Hound Archon Ranger: STR 8|DEX 5|STA 6|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 6

2nd Challenge Log: Will Squat for...

1st Challenge Log: Gym Class Hero Challenge

“Discipline Is Choosing Between What You Want Now And What You Want Most.â€

"You have to do what others won't to achieve what others don't"

"Do or do not, there is no try"

Welcome to the Rebellion Alyssa! I just started Paleo Wed. and feeling pretty great about the decision. Like you, I'm stubborn so once I decide to do something it's nearly impossible to sway me. Continue to fight the good fight and a healthy badass you shall become!

Thanks! Good luck to you, keep on with the stubborness. It turned out to not be such a bad trait!

Archived