Forums are back in action! ×

Hello! I've got some goals.......

Although I'm still trying to figure out how to proceed.

The basics. 5'10", 155lbs, have always had a skinnier upper body, with calves and thighs that are more muscular.

Over the past few years I was on a steady schedule doing regular physical activity via major home improvement projects. It made a very slight change in my upper body. I have wanted to get in shape more, having made a few attempts with freeweights, endurance, ect in the past. So the added gain (however slight), has been a motivation for me to get into a routine.

I have never been very flexible, so I would certainly like to work on that as well.

Looking forward to talking with all everybody!

That's the direction I want to go. I had one major run, for about 6 months, around 5 years back, and that's really been the extent of my exercising. I was doing a lot of running at the local Y a few years ago, and honestly, I don't know why I was focusing on endurance so much. I think I was a bit intimidated to go to the weight room.:redface:

I started reading "Starting Strength" this past week. I do like the book a lot, although I had to laugh when I caught his suggestion to drink a gallon of milk a day. Not going to happen :moody:

If you want to build muscle, especially for someone who is typically thin, extra calories are needed so the body has something with which to build the muscle. Even if you don't want to drink a gallon of milk, some extra protein/fat in your diet is going to be necessary.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

If you want to build muscle, especially for someone who is typically thin, extra calories are needed so the body has something with which to build the muscle. Even if you don't want to drink a gallon of milk, some extra protein/fat in your diet is going to be necessary.

Quite correct. I assume that had I been expanding my diet while doing all of the physical work I've been doing the past two years, I probably would have had some great gains. But at least now I know, so time to get eating :)

Archived