Forums are back in action! ×

Who Inspires You?

This is totally off topic, but that's funny...that sounds a lot like my high school choir director. I loved him like...well, not a father, exactly, but definitely a favorite uncle, as did every kid who ever gave his choir half a chance. And he would have done anything for us. The choir room was everybody's safe haven, and we used to occasionally bring competition judges to tears with how well we responded to his direction. And yet, when I once came to choir in a low-cut Shakespearian costume I was wearing for the theater production, his immediate reaction was to look down my top, ask, "What are you supposed to be? A hooker?" and fish a dollar bill out of his wallet.

:D Most excellent!

At this point, I find it flattering when mentor figures start treating me as an equal. One of my professors recently started insisting I call him by his first name when we're not doing things in an official student-professor capacity.

hm. the people I'd say inspire me depends on what I've been watching/playing at the time i guess. seeing as I've just watched advent children again I'd say right now Sephiroth (EPIC SUPER VILLIAN). but if i really thought about it i could probably make a list filling an A4 page in size 12pt.

Fictional: Kahlan Amnell from The Sword of Truth series. Sam Gamgee from Lord of the Rings (Come on, you know Frodo wouldn't have made it without Sam!) Ed and Al from The Full Metal Alchemist. They are some tough kids that will sacrifice anything for each other.

Actual: The person that got me started on Nerd Fitness. Steve Kamb of course. Bethany Hamilton. Timothy Ferriss. Jesus. My friends from my church. And a lot of the people on these forums! Reading other peoples success' and having their encouragement really inspires me to want to do well!!!

Make today your someday~~~"It's a lifestyle - train like there's no finish line~~~"I hated every minute of training, but I said, don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion." - Muhammad Ali, Boxer~~~"There is nothing we cannot live down, rise above, and overcome." - Ella Wheeler Wilcox