Forums are back in action! ×

Ranger Filip - serious example and story.

Wow Lord this is a very long post. I'll try my best to hit every point you mentioned. I also thought it was very creative of you to try and explain your psyche by using WoW.

First, about your laziness. You mentioned this many times in your post. Atop of laziness I can see that you are very interested in being a leader, having people respect you and maybe even slightly fear you.

This is a great place to work on life goals and challenges such as doing away with your laziness. It's very easy for anyone to read a few books and articles and stay up-to-date with fitness etc. but it is much harder to have the discipline to go out and do it. This is your chance to prove to yourself and others that you do! You have an outstanding story--you have survived cancer and you are trying to become a better version of yourself.

As for leadership, for me, I believe that the most effective, respected and revered leaders did not instill fear in their constituents--some of the best leaders of all time inspired others to be better versions of themselves, to strive for greatness and never sit below the bar, always work to go above it (cue Leonidas and the 300 Spartans). Most leaders do not call themselves leaders (yes Leonidas was king of Sparta, but he relished the fact that he earned it by being raised as other Spartans are and always being better than the rest), great leaders are always looked to in a time of crisis because their actions, the way they carry themselves etc.

You have the workings of a leader, you have survived cancer, you are interested in leadership, you know how to carry yourself and speak persuasively etc. and you have helped a friend become a better version of himself. Keep that up! Keep inspiring others and they will look to you for leadership :)

This is your chance to create discipline for yourself and hold yourself accountable for your own goals. There's an accountability buddy system here and everyone will be so supportive of you meeting your goals.

As for the girl, it sounds like you have a good idea--if she is happy let her be happy. If you let her see you for who you are, a great person etc. and that you respect her space and her decisions and such you are definitely going down the right path!

Surge, Level 3 Wood Elf RangerSTR 13.5 | DEX 4.5 | STA 9.5 | CON 7.5 | WIS 9.5 | CHA 5"Surge Supra : Rise Above"

Operation: Just Do It

"When running up a hill it's alright to give up as many times as you wish; as long as your feet keep moving."

Well, thank you that you managed to read my post.

Honestly, I am really shocked (postively) when it goes to users culture of speech.

I hope that with support from people like you I would finally show that not only I am useful because of my natural-born skills and events of my life, but also because of my hard work and discipline.

Thanks again for your warm response.

You're welcome and I'm happy to support!

Be sure to pay attention to the six week challenge if you'd like to try something that may help you with discipline. The next challenge starts on Jan 1st. This one is winding down now: http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?20202-NOVEMBER-12-DECEMBER-24-CHALLENGE-INFO-SHEET!&p=326992

Browse the forums, there's plenty to read and a lot of help out there!

Surge, Level 3 Wood Elf RangerSTR 13.5 | DEX 4.5 | STA 9.5 | CON 7.5 | WIS 9.5 | CHA 5"Surge Supra : Rise Above"

Operation: Just Do It

"When running up a hill it's alright to give up as many times as you wish; as long as your feet keep moving."

Archived