Forums are back in action! ×

Injured Viking Making a Fresh Start

Hey Everyone!

I'm a nerd gal up in Canada who has been lurking on this site for a bit. I absolutely love it. I'm a practicing Nordic Heathen who is looking to strengthen her body. I wouldn't say I'm a clutz but I do manage to injure myself occasionally. I used to do competitive fighting and I've dislocated my right knee about 4 times now and my left only once. I'm on here to strengthen my body and increase my flexibility. Yoga has always fascinated me so I wanted to get into it.

I'm a hypoglycemic which means I burn sugars faster then most folks. I've had struggles trying to find ways to curve my need for proteins as well as my awful habits of eating the wrong foods. I'm often hungry and I am trying to kick a few habits to the curb. My life at the moment feels like it's on hold. I've had to move into my folks to finish school due to school bills and the cost of living increasing. Which is a bummer. My social circles are small and so I suppose I am also trying to kick my fear of talking to people out as well.

Fitness wise I want to feel healthy, I want to lift an average human body without struggles and I want to get back into fighting (Perhaps a less aggressive kind). I want to learn all forms of yoga as well. My problem with Yoga is I find all the really complicated sites who are doing things way more advance then I can. I can't even tough my head to my legs -_- I'd also like to find a way to do push ups! I can't even do one. My elbows make a clicking sensation every time I do one and the feeling makes me nauseated.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Oh yea I work as a PSW in a hospital! It's great and I love taking care of people.

Hello everyone!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 1 - Satyr - Dual Class Druid/ Warrior -

STR: 1 DEX: 2 STA: 2 CON: 3 WIS: 3 CHA: 3

"Those who hear not the music think the drummer mad."

Hey Ben!

Err I'm really excited! I've already started my daily goals. I'm trying to schedule my body to wake up at a certain time. Is anyone out there a shift worker and can give me tips on training the body to wake up at the right time?

Today is my second last exam for this semester! Go go Finals!

<3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 1 - Satyr - Dual Class Druid/ Warrior -

STR: 1 DEX: 2 STA: 2 CON: 3 WIS: 3 CHA: 3

"Those who hear not the music think the drummer mad."

Welcome to the rebellion. You have a lot of challenges to overcome. The diet and nutrition boards would be a good place to ask questions about hypoglycemia, a lot of people on here do paleo, I don't know if that would work for you or not. If you're interested in Yoga you might want to check the Druid Challenge board as well as the Yoga board under other types of training. A lot of folks come to the rebellion not being able to do a pushup, you can start with wall pushups and work your way down to floor pushups. The clicking, unfortunately, is something you'll probably just have to muscle through. A lot of people have posted about clicking in the knees with squats and the answer is usually, "Keep Squatting, the clicking will go away." From your post it sounds like you have three goals, get back into fighting, lift an average human body, and get into all forms of yoga. How do you plan on accomplishing that?

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Archived