Forums are back in action! ×

Hanging Around (on the bars)

Hello all! I'm from Brazil and got to know NF from another blog about 40 days ago.

I've always been addicted to fantasy-related things, mostly table-top RPGs (yes, D&D and the likes of it), but unlike many nerds out there I've never been out of shape. I'm the hard-gainer-skinny-guy, but with time I managed to put on some weight. I've also always been practicing sports. Martial arts, Rugby, weight lifting (the average Joe workout, not the true strength focused workout, shame.) and about one year ago I discovered Street Workout (or ghetto workout, or as I prefer: Freestyle Calisthenics) and started hanging on the bars as much as its possible. I fell in love with bodyweight strength, complained to my parents for why didn't they put me in gymnastics when I was under 10yo, and took my training seriously. My total weight didn't raise much, by I managed to drop to around 6-7% of body fat and already can perform some nice tricks on the floor, rings or bars, but I still have a looooong way to go (iron cross, CTI, 90º degrees pushup... these will be my warm up someday.).

I'm also very found of weight lifting, and I'm thinking about adding some lifts to my training. I already perform squats and deadlifts, along with pistols on my legs/easy on upper body days, and with proper direction and advice, I'd like to include other lifts in my routines.

Since thats and introduction post, I think I've said enough. I hope to receive and maybe give advices to the NF rebels, contribute with my best and join the ranks of boring people around the world!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LEVEL 1 HUMAN WARRIOR

STR: 3 | DEX: 2 | CON: 3 | STA: 3 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 2

Welcome to the rebellion. A lot of people who try to bulk up have found that extra calories along with strength training do the trick. How much are you eating each day and are you increasing what you eat to make up for the calories you burn when you work out? Also, what are some of your goals?

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Archived