Forums are back in action! ×

Zelda: Symphony Of The Goddesses.

TheRedWriter

This is a live symphony, performed by Skywalker Orchestra (not to be confused with the famous Jedi, but they have done plenty of other notable work - see Starcraft II). They toured through about eighteen locations through the continental U.S., beginning in San Francisco, CA, and last night performed in San Jose, CA, where I drove just over two hours from Sacramento, CA, to surprise my wife for an ultimate date night of epic nerd proportions.

If you loved any of the Zelda games, they play a portion of music from every Zelda game ever made, nothing is left out. Each song is lovingly crafted, and the entire symphony was created with the blessings of Koji Kondo, the creator of Zelda's memorable scores, as well as permission and affection from Nintendo.

The crowd was simply amazing. While we showed up in super formal ware (looking good!), there were tons of folks in link outfits and every supporting character imaginable. It was almost like showing up to the Child's Play Charity Auction; lots of suits and amazing dresses, and tons of high quality cos-play, with not a lot in between. A Gannon in amazing full makeup and body suit stood out in particular and even got a call out from the hosting master of ceremonies. My personal favorites were the three gentlemen in full tuxedos with green Link caps; they looked fantastic (and made me wish I had thought of the idea myself!)

Take a look, this is a highlights video that begins with a focus on my personal favorite of the franchise, "Zelda: A Link To The Past":

If you get a chance to see the performance, I strongly recommend it. You won't regret it.

TheRedWriter

Level 3 Doppelganger Ranger
"Think not that you have to win. Think instead that you do not have to loose."
STR 8|DEX 4.5|STA 11|CON 6|WIS 6.5|CHA 5

Archived