Forums are back in action! ×

New personal best for a 5k!

jjhatch

Last night I ran my second "official" 5k (but I try and run a 5k twice a week as part of my normal runs). I've been sick/battling allergies for the past week so I thought I wasn't going to do so well, but I managed to get a new PB for a 5k. Finished it in 33:27 and my last 5k time was 35:47. When I started running my nose cleared up so I was able to breathe great and I felt fantastic during the entire run and after.

Awesome! How long ago was the 35:47 race? A two minute improvement is quite significant, you should be proud!

Well the 35:47 was from last Monday, when I did a 4-mile run as part of my normal runs. Honestly I think the reason why there was a big improvement is that with the 4-mile run I had a 4-minute warm-up walk whereas with the run on Saturday night I started running right from the start (well, I tried to, there were so many people at the beginning that it was slow going).

But on the other hand, for miles 2 and 3 my lap times were 10:35 and 10:36 whereas on my 4-mile run my fastest was 10:59.

Archived