Forums are back in action! ×

Chriskra reporting for duty!

Hey guys. I have been browsing these forums for a while, and even posted on random threads here and there, but decided it was time to actually introduce myself and get into the action.

Health wise, my life has been a roller coaster. Since I graduated from high school, I would go through phases of working out and (much longer) phases of being a complete lazy ass. I didn't eat well and didn't make much effort to better myself, not only health wise, but in general. I knew what I needed to do, I just lacked the willpower and guidance to change my habits, often taking the path of least resistance. And as a bartender/server, most of my hobbies and free time involved lack of sleep and over abundance of alcohol and partying...

But like the phoenix, there is always a chance to rise from the ashes! I found NF randomly through browsing other fitness sites and immediately fell in nerd love. The style and the way Steve and his gang make life feel like a video game or comic book makes fitness and being healthy really fun. Then, I made one of the best investments I can remember making and joined the Level Up Club. It has helped me substantially in starting to form healthy habits, something that I really needed. I have come to realize that if you start taking positive steps in life and don't stop, you will always be making yourself into a better person, even if it doesn't happen overnight. I am very much looking forward to this new lifestyle I have started. I feel like I am finally starting to hit my stride in life, and a lot of it has to do with how NF has impacted my thought process over the last few months. I am ready to kick the world's ass!

Now for a little info...

My fitness goal is basically to be strong, agile, and tough enough to handle anything that life may throw at me. I'm not so much trying to have huge muscles as I am just wanting to be able to dominate life! Whether I find myself in a Bourne-esque situation, or the zombie apocalypse, I want to be able to wreck shit!

Right now I am doing mostly bodyweight training, which I like in how it is basically mastery of your own body. I want to be able to do handstand pushups! (first have to learn to do a handstand) I throw some intervals in there for fat burn and cardio, but want to also start working more distance running so I can tackle all of the fitness events I plan on doing (Run For Your Life, Go Ruck, Tough Mudder). In addition, some other things I want to try are rock climbing and krav maga. :eagerness:

Really, I'm just here for adventure, building healthy habits, and having fun. And I can't think of any place that is more appropriate for that. I'm glad to be here, and looking forward to meeting some fellow Rebels along the way!

Chriskra, Level 1 Night Elf Ranger

STR 2|DEX 3|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 2|CHA 4

"The only easy day was yesterday"

Good luck with everything. Being someone that also goes trough phases, mostly lazy ass, I know how hard it can be. Keep your head up and as Mr Rollins says "DO IT!".

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

That's awesome. Welcome to the rebellion! My recommendation is to quantify what it means to be strong, agile and tough (eg. strong means being able to lift x pounds with y exercise and x pounds with z exercise, agile means being able to run x miles in y minutes or flexible enough to do n, tough means ___), then figure out where you are now, and figure out incremental steps to get there. You've already done the last part, BBW to build up to strong, agile and tough. Make your goals SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Trackable) and we'll help keep you accountable.

Good luck and welcome to the rebellion.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

sorry... BBW? I'm assuming you dont mean "Big beautiful woman". or do you? :confused:

Meanwhile, I will be thinking of ways to better define my idea of strength, agility, and toughness. I have a few weeks to come up with some SMART goals for the next challenge, which I believe starts on the 1st? Off the top of my head, I'm thinking pull-ups (can't do one strict rep yet), handstands, and couch to 5k... I shall continue to ponder...

Chriskra, Level 1 Night Elf Ranger

STR 2|DEX 3|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 2|CHA 4

"The only easy day was yesterday"

Archived