Forums are back in action! ×

looseness in knee? please help!

chriskra

not sure if this is the forum for this, but it looked liked the closest fit...

SIDE NOTE: There should be a forum for training related injuries and rehabbing!

I ran sprint intervals for the first time last week. I am not a runner, in fact haven't run in months, and when I got home my left knee had this aching and what feels like a looseness in a tendon... not sure if actually the tendon, because I can't (literally) put a finger on it, but that's what it feels like... And fyi I warmed up and cooled down before the run. It doesnt hurt constantly, mostly just the slight ache when I am lifting that foot off the ground. Since then I have done squats and lunges as part of different workouts, and that didnt aggravate it. Honestly, I cant do any movement that causes the pain to present itself. But today I had to cancel a run because it just felt really weird.

Does anybody know what this could be? Or what could be causing it? And on top of that, what can I do to make it better? I have stretched the leg out a couple of times tonight, because honestly I have neglected stretching recently. But that didn't seem to do anything... I have a pretty good understanding of physiology, but cant seem to figure out what is causing this. And I want to fix it so I can keep working on my running! I'm more concerned with the feeling of looseness than the pain, because that is something that seems could be a precursor to further injury.

Thanks in advance Rebels!

Chriskra, Level 1 Night Elf Ranger

STR 2|DEX 3|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 2|CHA 4

"The only easy day was yesterday"

i have repeated injuries to my knee from snowboarding and skateboarding my whole life. sometimes when it acts up i could describe it as aching, and it feels loose. my doctor has explained that it is more or less the knee cap being able to travel somewhat due to damaged ligaments. her recommended treatment was squats and other exercises that focused on building muscles in my legs, which can help hold everything in place.

i am woefully ignorant to the inner workings of my body or what witchcraft my doctor employs to cure me, so i hope my explanation is adequate. obviously our problems might be totally different and i hope you have a chance to see a doctor to check in on this.

Ricer

Rest. Ice. Compression. Elevation. Referral.

Do this. There is a difference between feeling loose and feeling unstable. Blthey can be caused by different things. Keep the range of motion in the knee but I would rest it for now. If it sticks around then you need to look for that referral part (to a medical professional).

There is a reason that there is no injury related area on here and that is even if people around here were qualified it is almost impossible to diagnose and treat any injury using only a forum. Injuries are something you just don't want to mess with.

"I lift heavy things. Sometimes these things are people."

Archived