Forums are back in action! ×

Crawled Out From The Desert...

Hi Army,

I've been reading Steve's blog for quite some time and always enjoy the entertainment. I recently wrote about him on my blog in my top fitness experts to follow post. He got a real kick out of that. :)

I run a magazine style blog www.motherfitness.com where I post all sorts of interesting stuff pertaining to nutrition, exercise, family, and how to use your common sense. I also post great interviews and have super smart guest bloggers come aboard.

My story... Well, you can read the novella on my blog, but the condensed version is this...

... I was always skinny, always active growing up. Had two kiddos, gained weight, felt unhappy, did something about it, started competing figure, changed my life, it's awesome.

Now I run a blog for fun so I can spread the love of health and wellness. I also started training with Bret Contreras last year which changed my life completely. I am now one lean, bad mama who can out-lift most men at my gym. And I do so with poise and elegance. ;)

This year I plan to switch over to natural figure organizations. I've been competing in NPC and my heart fell out of it a bit. I also want to do a powerlifting comp (Nia Shanks is kicking my butt into gear over that), and a mud race.

Fitness isn't my life. It's just part of who I am now. I learned how to balance diet and exercise so it doesn't consume me.

That's me in a nutshell. I can't wait to explore this site and meet all of the wonderful recruits.

Kellie

Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are the children of your soul, the blueprints of your ultimate achievements.- Napoleon Hill

Hey, welcome! Glad to have you here, I've stumbled across your blog in the past and was really impressed by your approach. Looking forward to seeing you rock the Challenge!

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins