Forums are back in action! ×

Hi!

I've been reading Steve's blog for a few months now and started the beginner body work out since I can't really afford a rowing machine or gym membership to try some freeweights. I recently finished my masters degree in evolutionary biology and right now I'm looking for PhDs and jobs (which majorly sucks by the way) and live with my fiancée (which doesn't) at her parent's house.

I was exercising pretty regularly last year at uni, but since september I've not really been settled in one place, so learning how to do bodyweight stuff has been really good. I'm getting in shape for my wedding in 3 weeks as I've got to fit in my waistcoat.

My goals are pretty simple and perhaps to much so; I want to be exercising regularly and eating a well balanced diet cooking for myself to control what goes into me. I hope that this place will keep me motivated and provide some new challenges.

I'm a really keen photographer and try to maintain an active blog and gallery. I also tweet a lot whilst I'm writing the corrections for my thesis (which is on snails of all things).

SB

PS Ordered my nerdfitness shirt as a reward for not dying doing the bodyweight workout! :)

Hiya! Welcome, and congrats on starting the bodyweight workout! Even more so, Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

I'm facinated by evolutionary psychology, but I can't make heads or tails of the underlying genetic science behind it. Kudos to you!

Your photography is great! You definitely have quite the eye for it. I particularily like your Fireworks 2009 III photo and your Cyborg photographer pic.

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

Thanks! The one good thing about being unemployed is that I have a lot of time to spend on it. If I'm being brutally honest my fiancée took the cyborg photographer one but I really liked it (its of me!) so it's on my porftolio. :P

I'm very interested in cerebral lateralisation and lateralised behaviour which kind of crosses over into the psychology of things. I shan't say too much as I'll upset the nerd-fitness equilibrium!

I'm on target for doing the bodyweight workout three times this week. :D

Snails are awesome and never be afraid to go over the top with the geek factor or the tech speak. Of all places, you're more than likely to find someone who at least understands enough of what you're saying to follow the little bouncing ball here... =) Three weeks to get in shape, huh? *wicked grin* You like to live dangerously! Welcome!

. ~*~ Some things make ripples... I prefer to make waves. ~*~ .

Snails are awesome and never be afraid to go over the top with the geek factor or the tech speak. Of all places, you're more than likely to find someone who at least understands enough of what you're saying to follow the little bouncing ball here... =) Three weeks to get in shape, huh? *wicked grin* You like to live dangerously! Welcome!

I believe slightly round is a shape. ;)

I spent two years watching the little devils move (or, more likely, not) and wrote a 20000 word thesis on it so I may have to reign it in a tad. :P

It's more of a long term goal at the moment with the next three weeks to set up as a primer for the rest of my life, which seems apt given the circumstances! I weighed myself today and looked at what I was eating which was pretty scary. Whilst I'm not going to Paleo anytime soon (I love cheese far too much :() swapping sandwiches for soups during lunch seems like a good plan.

Nice meeting you dude. Haha, I sense immense pain in your future man, enjoy the ride.

No pain no gain right? Or is that just because didn't stretch properly the day before? :P